Default i think i might have rosacea help me!!!!

ok I'm a 15 year old boy and i think i might have rosacea. My face and neck get red a lot. I think I might just have naturally reddish face but i blush and flush all the time. I hate it so much. When I'm in school I blush all the time i any attention is put on me and that happens a lot. I like to make a lot of jokes in school and talk but blushing is really getting me down. Sometimes my face just gets red for no reason too. I will just be sitting in my room and it will be kinda hot in there because the heat is coming on and my cheeks and forehead just get so red. Yesterday I was at my high school's basketball game and my friends were commenting on how red my face was and I felt like complete shit. It was kinda hot in the gym and it was really brightly lit so it was bad. My friends was just like matt you are so red and my eyes were bloodshot too maybe from my contacts and they were like what were you doin before the game and i was like nothing. I went down into the bathroom of the gym and my face was sooo red and my neck like all blotchy and gross. My cheeks are usually kinda red but they were like flaming. I can feel it too my face feels really hot and i just feel so self conscious about i dont know what i can do. It changes throughout the day too. The morning usually isnt as bad but at around 7 or 8 at night it usually happens and i hate it. If I could just figure out how to fix this everything would be so much better. I feel like i shouldn't worry so much because some people have it much worse but i would really like to fix this. If anyone can give me any advice i would appreciate it. I'm thinking about asking my mom to get me an appointment at the dermatologist but I'm kinda embarassed.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

so its just a redness that you have without any facial bumps or pimples,do you have any red lines on face and does your face feels like burning sensations..if yea it might rosea.. you may consult a dermatologist and get some topical gels containing metronidazole, clindamycin or oral antibiotics. don't hesitate to consult a dermatologist cause if its a rosea you might get other complications from it too.. so ask mom for your appointments to dermatologist..

no there are no bumps i have some acne but that's expected because I am a teenager. There isn't really a burning sensation but it just feels hot. I drink a lot of water but it doesn't seem to do much. I think it's better when i exercise and get all red and sweaty then it's not as bad when I not exercising. I went on the treadmill at the gym today and got all red and I was sweating and the redness didn't seem to happen too much later on in the day and at night.

i don't think its rosea.. it just might be normal redness.. but anyway there is no wrong to go to dermatologist and have a check ups..
    I love My Skin

That's the best thing you can do, get an appointment to a dermatologist so that can really will know what really was that.

Especially if your not sure of what it was. You cannot say that it is really a rosacea, there's a possibility that it's just because of the heat and the weather,.

I agree with everyone else, you probably don't have rosacea. However, if your dermatologist does say you have rosacea, it's not the worst thing in the world. As long as you take care of your skin, and especially stay out of the sun for long periods, you will be just fine. There is also a lot of great meds on the market today to help cope with rosacea. I wish some of the stuff that's out there now would had been available for me when I was growing up. I think you will be okay

**Brenda** Female

at 15 it could just be your hormones. i know you hate to hear that but i think you should first see a doctor to rule out anything else. when i get to warm i get beet red in the face and neck. i think that the exercise you do works off the tension in your young body, that is why you don't get red faced. make sure you do drink a lot of water, try to eat healthy. i know that is difficult as a teen. keep cool ! i mean that literally. if you feel your face becoming warm go to a cooler area in the room. splash cool water on your face. you will be okay. but it would be good if you could see a doctor.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful