Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default My lips getting chapped help

These days my lips are getting chapped.my lips cracks easily and sometime bleed. How can i treat it, any advice.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

you can use lip balm that contains moisturizing ingredients like vit-E. Don't lick your lips they will just get much drier. Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush to remove chapped skin. avoid matte lipsticks they dry out lips, instead use glossy instead.

Use moisturiser on your lips while going out and while going to sleep. Always keep a lip balm at the side. Also use something to exfoliate the dead skin as the other person mentioned. That should be it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashma View Post
    you can use lip balm that contains moisturizing ingredients like vit-E. Don't lick your lips they will just get much drier. Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush to remove chapped skin. avoid matte lipsticks they dry out lips, instead use glossy instead.
    that's the tip of the day i never would of thought of that.

I heard Vaseline is a no go for chapped lips. Is that true I often have to deal with this in my line of work

Just have a lip balm handy throughout the day. I have dry lips too and it takes a while to have healthy lips again. When you feel like your lips is drying again, slick on some lip balm and don't lick your lips. I also think that some lipsticks are drying so I avoid using any lip color when my lips are dry. Hope this helps.

Get a heavy moisturizing lip balms that moisturize the lips well. Also when you venture outdoors, make sure you apply a lip gloss.

Default chapped lips

Stay away from wax lipsticks and chapsticks as they are drying on your lips.

Carmex makes one of the best lip balms it comes in a small tub and says it is for chapped lips and cold sores. It is heavier than most lip balms in a tube. It works a lot better too!
    Burts Bees has a decent one as well. Try these and like the poster above said avoid licking your lips too.

Hello babydoll, sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I always suffer from getting really bad chapped lips when it is winter, the cold but dry them out? I always make sure now that I have a tin of Vaseline lip moisturiser in my bag for when this happens and always make sure that I don't lick my lips, I know this is very temping but it just makes them worse.

wow many tips thank you all for your tips and help.this forum rocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast