Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile hair removal tips

As you browse the aisles of Google Search Engine, you may feel a little dizzy. Next to the dozens of products devoted to making the hair on your head thicker or shinier, you’ll see dozens more promising to get rid of unwanted hair. So which hair removal methods work best? And How do you use them?
    Different Types of Hair
    Before removing hair, it helps to know about the different types of hair on our bodies. All hair is made of keratin, a hard protein that's also found in your fingernails and toenails. Hair growth begins beneath the surface of your skin at a hair root inside a hair follicle, a small tube in the skin.
    Hair grows on all areas of the human body except for the palms of the hands, the lips, certain areas of the genital structure and the soles of the feet. But hair is most noticeable in most people in a small number of areas that are most commonly waxed, trimmed, plucked, or shaved: namely, the
    • Abdomen
    • Armpits • Back
    • Chest • Eyebrows
    • Eyelashes • Face
    • Legs • Head
    • Pubic Area

In some cases, excess hair growth, may be the result of certain medical conditions. In girls, polycystic ovary syndrome and other hormonal disorders can cause dark, coarse hair to grow on the face, especially the upper lip and chin, as well as on the chest, belly, and back. Some medications, like anabolic steroids, also can cause hairsutism.
    Getting Rid of Hair
    Shaving
    How It Works: Using a razor removes the tip of the hair shaft that has grown out through the skin. Some razors are completely disposable, some have a disposable blade, and some are electric. Guys often shave their faces, and women often shave their underarms, legs, and bikini areas.
    How Long It Lasts: 1 to 3 days
    Pros: Shaving is fairly inexpensive, and you can do it yourself. All you need is some warm water, a razor with some shaving gel or cream.
    Cons: Razor burn, bumps, nicks, cuts, and ingrown hairs are side effects of shaving. Ingrown hairs can happen with close, frequent shaving. When the hair begins to grow, it grows within the surrounding tissue rather than growing out of the follicle. The hair curls around and starts growing into the skin, irritating it.
    Tips: Using shaving cream may also help protect sensitive skin, like the skin around the genitals. If you’re nervous about cutting yourself, you can try an electric razor instead.
    Although most people shave in the opposite direction from the hair growth, if you want to avoid ingrown hairs it can help to shave in the direction the hair grows.
    Plucking
    How It Works: Using tweezers, a person stretches the skin tightly, grips the hair close to the root, and pulls it out.
    How Long It Lasts: 3 to 8 weeks
    Pros: Plucking is inexpensive because all you need are tweezers. But it can be time-consuming because you can only remove one hair at a time. Devices called epilators, which cost around $25 to $70, can pull out multiple hairs at once.
    Cons: Plucking is very painful. If the hair breaks off below the skin, a person may get an ingrown hair. After plucking, you may notice temporary red bumps and other skin infection.
    Tips: Make sure you sterilize your tweezers or other plucking devices with rubbing alcohol before and after use to reduce the chance of infection.
    Depilatories
    How They Work: A depilatory is a cream or liquid that removes hair from the skin's surface. They work by reacting with the protein structure of the hair, so the hair dissolves and can be washed or wiped away.
    How Long They Last: Several days to 2 weeks
    Pros: Depilatories work quickly, are readily available at drugstores and grocery stores, and are inexpensive. They're best on the leg, underarm, and bikini areas; special formulations may be used on the face and chin.
    Cons: Applying depilatories can be messy and many people dislike the odor. If you have sensitive skin, you might have an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the depilatory, which may cause a rash or inflammation. Depilatories may not be as effective on people with coarse hair.
    Tips: Read product directions carefully and be sure to apply the product only for the recommended amount of time for best results. Never ever use the depilatory product in the bikini area.
    Waxing
    How It Works: A sticky wax is spread on the area of skin where the unwanted hair is growing. A cloth strip is then applied over the wax and quickly pulled off, taking the hair root and dead skin cells with it. The wax can be warmed or may be applied cold. Waxing can be done at a salon or at home.
    How Long It Lasts: 3 to 6 weeks
    Pros: Waxing leaves the area smooth and is long lasting. Waxing kits are readily available in drugstores and grocery stores. Hair regrowth looks lighter and less noticeable than it is after other methods of hair removal, such as shaving.
    Cons: Many people say the biggest drawback to waxing is uncomfortable. Because the treatment works by pulling hair out at the roots, it can sting a bit as the hair comes off — luckily that part is fast. People may notice temporary redness, pain, inflammation, and bumps after waxing.
    Professional waxing is more expensive than other hair removal methods. However, it can help to get a first waxing treatment done in a salon to watch how the professionals do it .
    Teens who use acne medications such as tretinoin and isotretinoin may want to skip waxing because those medicines make the skin more sensitive. People with moles or skin irritation from sunburn should also avoid waxing.
    Tips: For waxing to work, hair should be at least ¼ inch (about 6 millimeters) long. So skip shaving for a few weeks before waxing. Waxing works well on the legs, bikini area, and eyebrows.
    Electrolysis
    How It Works: Over a series of several appointments, a professional electrologist inserts a needle into the follicle and sends an electric current through the hair root, killing it. A small area such as the upper lip may take a total of 4 to 10 hours and a larger area such as the bikini line may take 8 to 16 hours.
    How Long It Lasts: Intended to be permanent, but some people have regrowth of hair
    Pros: Some people have permanent hair removal.
    Cons: Electrolysis takes big bucks and lots of time, so it's usually only used on smaller areas such as the upper lip, eyebrows, and underarms. Many people describe the process as painful, and dry skin, scabs, scarring, and inflammation may result after treatment. Infection may be a risk if the needles and other instruments aren't properly sterilized.
    Tips: Talk to your doctor before use it. Because infection is high risk.
    Laser Hair Removal
    How It Works: A laser is directed through the skin to the hair follicle, where it stops growth. It works best on light-skinned people with dark hair because the melanin (colored pigment) in the hair absorbs more of the light, making treatment more effective.
    How Long It Lasts: Intended to be permanent, but people often need to return every 6 months to a year for maintenance
    Pros: This type of hair removal is long lasting and large areas of skin can be treated at the same time.
    Cons: A treatment session may cost $400 or more. Side effects of the treatment may include inflammation and redness.
    Tips: Avoiding the sun before and after the laser treatment may reduce the side effective.

Permanent Hair Remove
    A cream called Revitol's Hair Removal Cream is available by prescription to treat unwanted hair growth in women. The cream is applied on the area for hair removal and leave the cream on for 5-7 minutes. Use a towel and wipe to remove hair in the area where you applied the cream. New formula without any side effective.
    How Long It Lasts: Permanent
    Cons: A treatment session may need 4-6 weeks before permanent remove the unwanted hair.

I would love to have laser treatment for my hair because my arms and legs are so hairy. It sucks especially since I'm a girl. Anyway, I just use a depilatory cream once in a while. I find that the hair grows back fast and thicker too!!! SO I stay away from it as much as possible...

Skin creams help but some could be allergic to ur body.Laser hair removal is good but only if u really have lot of hair and u hate it.

can anyone suggest which is best hair removal cream.

I have problems shaving breaks me out something awful but a lot of the removal cremes don't work well on me. If I leave Nair on long enough for it to work I break out too! Anyone have any suggestions on this?

**** Female

I have problems with my hair too. If i shave too often i find that i end up with spots and the creams dont really work. Also i get ingrowing hairs!! (not nice)I dont really shave that much anymore cos im sick of it!! Nobody really sees my legs so im not that bothered!!

OH I absolutely hate ingrown hairs. They are such a pain to deal with! I really feel for you. I try not to shave any more than I have to but I cannot stand the feel of hair on my legs or under my arms for any length of time.

The only hair I can shave is under my arms and my legs, I find any other place gets a rash and can be really uncomfortable, even cream doesn't help. I'm not really sure about waxing either i'm too scaired to try it out lmao

I had electrolosis on my lip some years back. worked for me, these days i just use his razor on my legs and arms. and i get my bits done at the health spa he works at. (nice and cheap too lol)

I have found that using a body balm with emu and shea butter helps me a lot to keep from breaking out and staying that way. I use it after I shave and nightly and it helps keep my skin a lot more conditioned. I also read recently to use hair conditioner to shave with instead of soap or body wash. It seems to help the razor glide better. I am trying that.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast