Default Can long term photochemotherapy cause cancer ?

Hey i have a question. Can long term photochemotherapy cause cancer ? I read it on other sites. Is it true ?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

It doesn't cause cancer but yea might increase the risk of skin cancer like squamous cell carcinoma ( especially genitalia ),malignant melanoma and other risk like abnormal pigmentation and skin aging. But long period therapy like say 15 years or more and with large number of treatment like 100+ exposure is required to cause melanoma and non-melanomas skin cancer.

Default hi

Yes it may cause cancer! major exposure of emission of light leads to multiples in cells! the skin rashes are the first symptom for the cancer!

thank you for yours replies. I won't be doing 100+ exposure just 3-4 exposure.

**Dennis** Male

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    It doesn't cause cancer but yea might increase the risk of skin cancer like squamous cell carcinoma ( especially genitalia ),malignant melanoma and other risk like abnormal pigmentation and skin aging. But long period therapy like say 15 years or more and with large number of treatment like 100+ exposure is required to cause melanoma and non-melanomas skin cancer.
    This first sentence, I agree with it. You can`t cause cancer, but it will increase percent of the risk. Every chemotherapy can increase risk of cancer. Do not wanna fear you, but it`s true. You can find more about it on your favorite search engine (Google, Yahoo!, Bing...)

Agreed.

Any kind of chemotherapy effects the strength of your immune system. People that have fought and won the battle with cancer have boosted their immune systems to fight the cancer. (burning or cutting cancer does not get rid of it)

My mother had skin cancer and fought it by natural means (after surgery didn't work and it came back).

Long term photochemotherapy can cause cancer,its depend upon you whether you have taken the precaution correctly before going to photochemotherapy .
    So precaution should be taken properly before going for photochemotherapy .

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful