Default How can you tell the difference between a freckle and cancer?

Is there a way to tell at a glance what it is or at least what the odds are that it probably is prior to any tests? Does a darkening of a freckle mean it needs checked out?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Freckles are only present in light exposed areas but cancer could be in any areas. Freckles usually darkens during summertime and may fade almost completely during winter. So if the lesion doesn't fade you should always check for cancer lesion.

Freckles, as I know don't change in size with time.

Typical changes in a freckle or other skin spot developing in a cancer:

- change in size
    - change in color. Melanoma can have black, brown, blue, red, or even white parts
    - a freckle that becomes raised (only) on one part

Skin cancers are those that are irregular in color and size. Any mole or freckle that you notice getting bigger or darker or looking irregular in size should be checked by a medical professional as soon as possible.

**Bry** Male

I think if you are unsure go visit your general practitioner/medical professional.. It is always best to just get it checked up regardless. If it is a freckle then you can smile & be happy.

SO many people just dismiss something as they feel stupid about not going because they don't think it is worth it on the basis of loking daft.. but it is always best to get it checked out x

**Cher** Female

Lightbulb

I have freckles and I had one tat looked really abnormal. Whenever I would visit a skin care counter at my local stores, the sales ladies would tell me to see a dermatologist. I didn't think I would be at high risk for skin cancer because I am mixed and I have olive skin tone. As it turned out, it was good that I went in and had it removed. So, I would suggest... if you have a question... just do it! Have it checked by your doctor. It's scary not knowing and it's great if you can catch something that is pre-cancerous or in the eary stages!

**** Female

Yes never ignore any change in black bumps or spot,it could be cancer.

**Tahnee** Female

My dad has freckles on his arms, I thought they were age spots but they recently started raising. Im scared for him because he has a lot of health problems, nothing to do with cancer but im still scared. Does anyone know what this could be?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful