Default Scabies or Heat Rash

I had a scaly (with ridges) but moist rash about an inch in diameter on the side of my elbow. It had been there for some time (possibly months, but it never bothered me but a little itch) I went to a pharmacist and was given a topical steroid (betamethasone cream) The next day the size had doubled and became more red. The second day it doubled again and I stopped using the cream. About a week later I kept thinking mosquitoes were biting my ankles. Then I saw small bumps were appearing with clear fluid coming out when squeezed. It was around this time I started working in a hot humid job site everyday with plenty of wood and concrete dust. The itchy rash began to spread to my fingers, wrist, belt line, sides of torso, forearms, knees, inner thighs and neck. Original scaly rash was now aprox 6 inches in size dry, flaky and itchy. Above the neck there was no rash. I visited a hospital and was given urea cream and told to use eucerin body wash. Rash kept growing. I started taking fluconazole on my own for about 2 weeks and rash grew even more rapidly (I thought this might be candida die off-Herxheimer). I went to a dermatologist and without getting close enough to inspect the rash I was told quickly to stop taking fluconazole and take dexamethasone oral and claritin oral. I was told I had an allergic rash to things in my environment. I started taking the claritin but I didn't take the dexa because in case I had candida rash the steroid could make it extremely worse. I can't handle any worse. (Just previous to this I had been on strong combination of antibiotics for an ulcer which is why I thought it was possibly candida). Around this time I finished my work project and was starting to spend more time at home in a cool environment. And I started taking bleach baths at 50-75 ppm concentration for 15 minutes every few days. I stopped taking the fluconazole. The effects were immediate. From the first bath I noticed the difference and within a 10 days I was back to normal with a lightly red 1" spot where the original rash was. But walking out in the sun sometimes I can still feel the stingy sensation when I start to sweat. 2 more weeks pass and I start a new project that is hot and humid again. Bumps start to originate around the elbow and then ankles. This time I start to think its scabies. I start bleach baths again but to no effect. I put benzyl benzoate on, neck down for 24 hours. Rash increases. 4 days later I take 16mg ivermectin oral. 5 days after that I take some dry flaky skin on my elbow and scrape it onto a slide and scratch some fresh bumps onto a slide (possibly not hard enough, I didn't have a scalpel) Looking at the slide under 10x, 40x and 100x magnification I don't see any signs of scabies or and feces or eggs. I just see skin and scabs. I do however see something that looks odd but my slide definitely wasn't sterile before I scraped onto it (fan was blowing in the room) I am attaching links to an album that shows my rash as well as the thing under microscope. The only place the rash is scaly is on both of my elbows. On the rest of my body the rash is just little bumps. Skin surrounding little bumps is mostly normal. My lymph nodes in my neck are now a tiny bit swollen since applying benzyl benzoate. Also I can definitely see bumps new bumps forming if I get outside and start sweating. One of my roommates just started showing very similar bumps on the feet and 2 small spots on his face. The face cleared up very fast but the feet remained. He also works in a hot construction site but different from my site.

I know for sure that my pores/sweat glands are blocked. I can feel it. I am just not sure if it is due to allergic inflammation from scabies feces, or if its is bacterial or fungal, etc. Anyone have a clue about this?

pics:
    https://postimage.org/gallery/1nj0bw420/83cd05fe/

The first time my body was covered in the rash before I started bleach baths. I would wake up every night at 2 am and itch and feel restless. Showers would help. Now I don't wake up at night anymore. Showers and baths still help when I feel like stingy and like new bumps are forming.

Previously I thought I had either candida or tinea incognito.
    After reading this article http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/psb.1088/pdf

I am starting to think I should get back on fluconazole and take bleach baths simultaneously. Followed by yogurt applied to the skin. The fluconazole course that I took previously was probably not long enough duration.

Scabies is basically body lice. I've had it before, it's awful! Glad you got it taken care of!!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful