Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Default OMG 16 hrs load shedding from tomorrow

OMG do you know our nepal government is developing rapidly.. then other countries..Last few months back we had 2 hrs per day load shedding and now we have 12 hrs loadshedding and good news is that from tomorrow we'll have 16 hrs load shedding per day. Which means we'll only get 8 hrs of electricity per day in our country..

Hate to say but this is a serious problem..

**Brenda** Female

i don't know much about your country i am sorry to say. i know where it is but you can't tell much from a map. can you please explain load shedding? i do know one thing about your country, you sure have sweet. friendly people. electricity is the base of everything in the usa. when electric is out our food spoils, we have no heat unless you have a wood stove. every store closes. most of us are looking at alternative power sources but for people like me who can't afford to spend money, we have to depend on the electric company. good luck. sending you blessings from america.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

just woke up .. and after 1 hrs there won't be electricity for 8 hrs.. In total we nepalese people have 16 hrs of electricity cutoff per day. just imagine..,so we won't even time to watch TV or work on internet cause electricity cutoff on major hours and when we sleep ie they give electricity from 4 am to 8am .. ,this is really fraustration condition.Our government is still planning to increase electricity cutoff to 20 hrs per day... hahaha..

I feel terrible for you guys and girls! How will you manage and stay warm or cook without electricity? And why are they doing it anyway? That's rotten indeed.

If there's anything you need done here and won't have time to do it, please shoot me a PM and I'll help out as much as possible. I've been a forum mod and admin so I know my way around a board.

Oh my! I've never heard about this before. What is the reason for the electric cut-off? Is it because they can't afford to pay for electricity anymore? Isn't the World Bank supposed to release funds via the IMF to help support countries such as yours?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Everyone is losing interest to fund due to political interference and corruption and due to lack of capacity to utilize aid. As 90% goes corrupted and only less then 10% goes towards development. It might be due to political instability as one party come and goes after 5-6 months and another party come and again goes.. So all are after money....

World bank does help but who is interested if the money instead of developing is utilized in personal interest.

And yea population is increasing and electricity demand is growing. But due to government instability no one is interested in financing the huge hydro projects.. The money they spend is insecure.... People in nepal are rich but country is poor..

**** Female

That is so sad! I had never heard of this before! We do not have television service, so I do not get the news. I am just lazy when it comes to reading news on the internet. Maybe it is time to start reading again!

You all are in my prayers!

Hope you guys are faring well. I had a power cut last night for a couple of hours and for once I didn't spend the whole time complaining about it because I couldn't get online. I was thinking of you guys and what you have to go through and counting my blessings. Take care guys, you're in my thoughts.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

we have been just used to it.. we had this problems for almost more than 10+ years. but before we only had 1-2 hrs of cut off.. but now we have new government and new nepal "what Gov' says" and new developments like 16 hrs electricity cut off. haha

It's good to see you can keep a sense of humor about it all, Deepak. I doubt I'd be so good natured about it. I can tell I've been spoiled with only getting the odd one every so often. But I do get tornadoes, so beat that! LOL

Stay safe. What about work, does this mean you're off or do they have some kind of backup system?

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast