Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Drinking water can be killer

I came across an article in newspaper that drinking too much of water can be harmful even can cause death.A girl died because her brain cells swelled due to drinking excessive water.
    We keep reading that drinking water is good for body and it helps remove oxidants from body but excess of anything is bad, So my advice not to exceed 1-2 liters daily limit for drinking water.

Yes, I heard a bout a similar incident involving an athlete that drank too much water in one sitting. Moderation is the key even with water.

The above situation is called water intoxication. It usually needs an enormous amount of water (10-20 liters) to occur. A healthy person would not be harmed with 1, 2 or up to 5 liters of water drank in a day. So, if you had actually lost 5 liters of fluid, like inreally hot weather, or during heavy exercise, you have to replace it, but you should use special rehydration drinks rather than water, or drink water and eat so you replace lost salt also.

Some people think drinking a lot is healthy. You need to drink so much fluid as you need it. Not being thirsty, and regular urination (like 200 ml twice a day) are signs that you're well hydrated. Thirst alone is not reliable symptom of dehydration though.

**** Female

I have heard of this also. Another problem with it is that you urinate out all of your electrolytes. I think moderation in anything is a good idea. Right now, water intake is essential for me, as I am nursing and I am pregnant!

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

drinking anything in excess amount could be a poison, this is true..

That's a really scary thought if I you think about it, but you could never be so thirsty to want to drink that much water, so there's really nothing to worry about.
    The similar event that I heard of a person dying due to drinking to much water was a mother. That's right, a mother who was on a game show competing to win a Wii for her son. The competition was about who could drink the largest amount of water. Sadly, she won.

**Ryan** Male

Drinking 8 glasses of water is beneficial to our body if we do it within one day. But if this is done in just one sitting, it causes bad effects in our body already.

**Bry** Male

It also causes a dilution of the electrolytes in your body.. one of the main ones is hyponatraemia which is when Sodium is diluted to a point where is becomes to thin to possibly be used.. It causes water retention & eventually, if untreated, causes cardiac problems, brain damage or even death as stated above.

Not good.

**** Female

Red face

NEVER drink too much!
    NEVER eat too much!

you can SLEEP as much as you want thou

Just always remember that anything that is too much is really bad. 8 glasses of water is highly recommended. Too much intake of water is not good because the kidney will not be able to work fast to get rid sufficient amounts from the body.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast