Default A guide to lustrous locks.

Just because you’ve been shampooing since you were a little kid doesn’t mean you’re doing it right. Believe it or not, there is a best way to shampoo and dry your hair. Using the proper techniques may not solve all your woes, but it will assure better looking, healthier hair in the long run. Here are common mistakes people make – and how to fix them.

Mistake: Not detangling first
    Fix: Before you even wet your hair, run a wide-toothed comb through your hair to remove tangles.

Mistake: Using fingernail to shampoo
    Fix: Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips instead, because the nails may damage the scalp or make it bleed. Continue the massaging action for about 3 minutes.

Mistake: Rinsing too quickly
    Fix: A good rinsing to get all the shampoo out takes longer than most people suspect. When you think you’ve rinsed enough, rinse again. If you don’t wash your hair daily, repeat the shampoo and rinse process twice, and make the second rinse a good, long one.

Mistake: Rubbing conditioner into roots
    Fix: Apply conditioner over your rinsed hair, particularly to the ends. Do not run it into your scalp or put it on the hair roots. Conditioner is for the hair, not the scalp, and the damaged ends need it most.

Mistake: Leaving conditioner on too long
    Fix: Rinse conditioner out immediately unless it is one meant to be applied as a treatment before shampooing. Leaving it in too long can cause dulling.

Mistake: Detangling from the roots
    Fix: After towel drying your hair, ease out any tangles with a wide-toothed comb, making sure you start from bottom of the hair and work your way up in short segments. Starting from the top means that you’re bunching the tangles up together; the tugging needed to remove them damages your hair.

Just care for your hair.

oh that was useful thanks for sharing.

may i add something? its also nice to wash your hair in cool water, so that you cuticle will lay flat when it dries, giving you more shine.

**** Female

I would also like to add one thing that while you are combing your hair, try detangling them in short steps and slowly so as to avoid breaking of hair strands. It is always better to start combing from the lower end and proceeding upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by aliva View Post

Mistake: Rubbing conditioner into roots
    Fix: Apply conditioner over your rinsed hair, particularly to the ends. Do not run it into your scalp or put it on the hair roots. Conditioner is for the hair, not the scalp, and the damaged ends need it most.
    I am presently doing this and I never thought what I was doing is wrong Thanks for sharing this tip. I will start applying this tomorrow

I've always used my fingernails because it feels so good. I guess I'd better stop doing that now that I know better though. Thank you!

great tips,thanks for sharing

Wow, thanks!

Thanks so much I loved how helpful this article was! I don't know why I didn't see it until now. I'm happy that I don't do all the "mistakes," but it's better to know more right? Thanks again, I appreciate it.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful