Default Poison Ivy Type Rash With No Ivy Exposure

Hello,

I have a reoccurring rash that looks and feels exactly like poison ivy, except that I have not had any exposure to the plant. This rash begins as a red mark, but soon forms blisters, which eventually ooze a relatively clear liquid. If irritated, the rash spreads, however I have not touched it despite it being extremely itchy, so it has remained localized to my upper abdomen. I had a similar rash Summer 2014 (with no poison ivy exposure) and I scratched at it not knowing it would spread. It soon covered my entire stomach, chest and left arm.

I wish I could explain more, but I have no idea what the cause of this is. I have no known allergies, but have had a past of having a similar rash develop on my face in the colder months. My pediatrician at the time thought it might have been due to a reaction of dry skin or contact dermatitis. However, no allergens were able to be found. I have been using the same soap/detergent for years, so that can't be the cause for this occasional flair up. If it is any help, my father has Psoriasis and my grandmother has mild Rosacea

I've been searching the internet for images similar to my rash, but have never found anything very definitive. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!

Rash with rest of body for size reference:
    http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...psrlr2gnrj.jpg

Close up of rash/blisters:
    http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...psyxygbvvz.jpg

Follow up:

It was likely just a reaction to dry skin. Not sure why my body reacts like that, but at least I know now.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful