Default Moisturizer and Foundation

DO they go well together? The colder air is making my skin a lot drier, so I have to aply a facial moisturizer before putting on my foundation which comes in a powder form. However, the foundation sort of becomes creamy and just doesn't blend as well. A primer would work better, I know, but it doesn't moisturize my skin as well as a moisturizer does. Any tips?

**** Female

Try waiting about five minutes after applying moisturizer to let it adsorb, and then apply foundation. I wear powder foundation over a moisturizer all the time, and it seems to work for me.
    Also there are moisturizing primers designed for dry skin.

You do need to give the moisturizer more time to sink in at this time of year. If you can touch your skin and it no longer feels tacky (as if you were touching the back of a roll of sticky tape), now's the time to add the foundation. Warm it a little in the palm or on the back of your hand first too. In the cooler weather it tends to become more thick in the tube or bottle.

Wear the moisturiser before hand like 5 minutes before. Also try to dilute the foundation with water or moisturiser so that it spreads better and dosent cake as much. This is a handy tip as u can use this moistuiser+foundation mixture on all exposed parts of your body.

Yeah.. The moisturizer needs to get absorbed into the skin before the application of foundation. Also, look for light moisturizing serums and gels that will soak inside the skin more quickly.

I agree with the above posts, if you try to apply your foundation straight away after you have moisturised then your skin will also soak up the foundation and eventually will start to block your pores and cause spots

**** Female

I do agree with the above posts but have you tried a tinted moisturizer instead. They look much more natural and are far easier to apply!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful