Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oily skin helps to lessen the effect of ageing

The skin type of an individual is sometimes advantageous and also disadvantageous..

The advantage of oily skin is when you get older say between 45 yrs to 50 yrs, your skin tends to be younger because of the properties of oli glands that is present in your skin.

The disadvantage is that when you are in your teenage and in 20's, you tend to get more acne than any other skin type.. reason is the same as glands produce more oil..

Yup, my derma always reminds me about this when I complain about my oily skin. Having dry skin means that you are more prone to getting wrinkles. Plus, your skin just won't look that healthy without the shine.

I agree that oily skin tend to have more acne problems but good to know that oily skin tend to have less wrinkles when over 40 years of age.
    Also oily skin tend not to get dry patches which is usually the problem with dry skins.

women hated that they have oily skin during their teens. but loved it that they did when they were much older.

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    women hated that they have oily skin during their teens. but loved it that they did when they were much older.
    yea you are absolutely correct..skin gets dried when old..

It is a shame to have dry sensitive skin! I have combination skin. I get the crud of both worlds here. I have some oily areas so I still get pimples at my age and I am not telling it either lol! I also have scaly dry patches on the other areas that can be almost like rosacea. My skin is funky dunky at its best.
    Those people who have good skin do not know how lucky they are!

**** Female

Agree. Oily acts as a moisture barrier and prevents moisture from evaporating from your skin. So you have moister, more youthful looking skin. On the other hand, oily skin can lead to large pores. So you still need to balance the oil with proper treatments and facial products.

Sigh, yes I wish I had oily skin all over if it was not for the blemishes! I think at least I would not have to deal with so many wrinkles and what not!

Ha i got oily skin so I'll be looking younger when your looking older. Thinking about this theory I do get told a lot that I look younger than what I am. especially when i meet clients who have only spoken to me over the phone.
    Maybe its because of my oily skin

**** Female

Not sure though if all the years of teen hell are worth it though...

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast