Thumbs up Warm Oil Treatment

Use this as a conditioning treatment for dry to normal hair. If you wish, instead of plain oil, use oil in which several springs of rosemary have been steeped in for three weeks. I use the plain oil version once in a while and it really works!

You'll need 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil and 2-3 medium sized towels.

Heat the oil in a saucepan and heat the towels in a dryer. Massage the warmed oil onto your scalp and cover with one of the towels. Replace the cooling towel with a newly heated one. Do this for 15-30 minutes. To rinse out the oil, apply shampoo directly to hair before wetting it. This will help to wash out any excess oil.

Hmm don't really understand the motive of technique.I get smooth hairs by just applying coconut oil 1 hr before bath and washing of with shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by mimico View Post
    Use this as a conditioning treatment for dry to normal hair. If you wish, instead of plain oil, use oil in which several springs of rosemary have been steeped in for three weeks. I use the plain oil version once in a while and it really works!

You'll need 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil and 2-3 medium sized towels.

Heat the oil in a saucepan and heat the towels in a dryer. Massage the warmed oil onto your scalp and cover with one of the towels. Replace the cooling towel with a newly heated one. Do this for 15-30 minutes. To rinse out the oil, apply shampoo directly to hair before wetting it. This will help to wash out any excess oil.
    Thanks, mimico! It might be wise to add that no one should be heating the oil to too high a temperature and pouring boiling oil on their heads unless they want a blistered scalp. I know that should be obvious but better safe than sorry!

I'll get some extra virgin olive oil and try this because I used to love the VO5 Hot Oil treatments. I don't know if they even manufacture them anymore because I haven't thought of them in years.

Do you think you could add a drop of essential oil to it to fragrance it rather than rosemary sprigs?

Wendycave- if you heat the oil it will open the pores on your scalp and thus condition your scalp and not just the strands of your hair.

Kay- I've used VO5 as well the ones that come in small tubes and they're nice too. Yes, I think using some essential oil will be okay as long as you're not allergic to it. This recipe is very organic and natural so the rosemary springs were recommended. Normally don't have any fresh rosemary on hand so I just get some dried ones from the kitchen.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful