Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default so i'm getting my belly button pierced.

and i'm not worried about getting it infected and all (okay..maybe i am just a little!) the thing is, i heard some metals can make your skin have allergic reactions...but i don't know which one? does anyone here know which one is the safest?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

i guess you'll be doing this with professionals.If yea nothing much to worry ,Normally Belly botton persing takes long time to heal than other so keep this in mind like say around months to a year.When you go for persing watch out for sterile enviroment..

Implant grade stainless steel though is expensive but most safest to use during persing.This is least likely to produce a foreign body reaction or infection in the skin. Other choices for new piercings are metals such as gold (AT LEAST 18 karat), titanium, or niobium. All of these cost more than implant grade stainless steel but are safe.

^ my friend said that gold will stain your skin..she knows this because her first belly piercing was gold, and now she has darker skin around the piercing area. what about titanium? they're pretty cheap lol

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

gold percing o.k if you do with 18+carate,not low grade gold,titanium is a better option if you can affort.

titanium is more expensive than gold? i never knew that lol. but thanks! do you know if you can go in the ocean right after you get it pierced or not?

**** Female

You can also go for a silver ring chicque because it will cause least reaction and staining and usually suits girls. Moreover, you can get it at pretty much lower price than gold. I am not sure about titanium though.

^ yes i agree, anything silver usually looks pretty good...but i'm still wondering though: can you go into the ocean even if you just got your belly button pierced? how about a pool?

Body-piercing may lead to liver disease like hepatitis. So be careful! As I know gold is the safest among all metals.

okay i will be. and just to be even more careful, i'll check with my doctor lol. i don't want to get any disease from something thats supposed to be fun like this!

I had my belly button pierced a couple of years ago. i was told to not get into a pool for awhile and to be extra careful in the shower. It never got infected, but after a few months out of nowhere it started hurting me really bad. I finally just took it out and left it out. Be careful when you get yours.. Little things that you wouldn't expect will irritate it... seat belts rubbing up against it, sitting in uncomfortable chairs, leaning forward over counters, pets jumping up on you etc..

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast