Default Itchy Red Rash on Chest, Neck and Face

I had a round dry patch show up on my jaw about 3 weeks ago. It was not too itchy and was not that noticeable so I just excused it as being dry skin. Then about a week ago, I started to get little red itchy patches all over my chest. They've now spread up my neck to my face. I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled for Jan. 10th but I'm not sure I should wait until then because my wife is pregnant and I don't want to give it to her if it is contagious. The pharmacist said that it looks like ringworm, but I don't understand how I could have gotten that or why it would be all over my chest, neck and face. I've looked at skin rash pictures on the internet and the only thing that remotely resembles it is Pityriasis Rosea. TPhoto_00004.jpgTPhoto_00005.jpgAny suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Sorry for late reply Brian.. Reason detailed in pm... You condition does look like pityriasis rosea to me too. But the pic is not quite clear.. Other possibility could be parapsoriasis... But the way of presentation and its morphology suggest pityriasis rosea.. Anyway do u have such lesions on chest and back? Were you on any medications recently? any recent history of illness and do you have such lesion on groin? If its bothering you you may apply mild steroids lotion to ease the lesion and itching.. PR is not contagious you needn't worry...

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

You can apply a cool wet compress to soothe your irritated skin and also to prevent from worsening it wear smooth soft cotton clothes. Also avoid touching chemicals or other possible irritants too.

Went to the Dermatologist a few days ago and she said that it looked like Pityriasis Rosea. But she was concerned that there was some signs of rash on my forehead as well. with that in mind, she thought that it could also be Tinea Versicolor. She prescribed a shampoo to try as there is really nothing she could do but wait if it is in fact Pityriasis Rosea. I've used for three days now and don't see any difference. I will say that right after I use the shampoo, the rash seems to stand out much more for about an hour or so as if it is irritated.

It is on my chest and back as well as some visible on forehead. No new foods, medication, illnesses etc.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful