Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Valence, Hakuza soap and the little foaming sponge is awesome! thanks for the info.!

**** Female

Talking soap + sponge= save $$$

jsg, I am very happy to hear that you tried the soap and came to like it

The foaming sponge is awesome right?

**Cher** Female

Default Excellent Read!

Thanks for posting "Choosing the Best Facial Cleanser For Your Skin." Cleansing my face is a critical process for me. I try to use products that are gentle and balanced because I only have one lifetime to get this right with my skin. My preference is to go through life without plastic surgery! So, taking care of my skin is important. I have used a couple of products over the past 5 years... La Mer and Dr. Perricone. I am currently using La Mer. I have extemely sensitive skin so I look for *hopefully* natural products that won't
    harm my skin but will enhance it. The only thing I've heard that's extremely important... rinse, rinse, rinse after washing the face. Is that true?

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

yea you heard it right.

**** Female

Red face "rinse, rinse, rinse"

"rinse, rinse, rinse" is good. You have to reinse all the cleanser and soap OFF the face BUT make sure you do NOT wash your face too rough!

GENTLY wash your face and rinse your face and then MOISTURIZE your face!

**Cher** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    "rinse, rinse, rinse" is good. You have to reinse all the cleanser and soap OFF the face BUT make sure you do NOT wash your face too rough!

GENTLY wash your face and rinse your face and then MOISTURIZE your face!
    Valence... that brings up another great point. Exfoliation... that's a little rough on the skin and yet...isn't that good for the skin. My grandmother used something like Dove (which I would never use) but used a little brush lightly to wash her face to exfoliate her skin. When she died at 92, she barely had a wrinkle on her face. She had the most beautiful skin. I've never tried a brush. But one of the La Mer products that I use once a week, the refining facial, has an ingredient that does the same thing.

**** Female

Red face Exfoliation could be good and could be bad!

I ONLY use "Natural Peeling Jel" that gently gets rid of damaged/dead skin on the surface. I have been using it for years (once a week) and it has been amazing What I love about this product is that if you do NOT have any dead skin, you do NOT get anything which means it does NOT peel the healthy skin!! Unlike other products for exfoliation!

I used to use a mini-brush to wash my face but it was too rough for my sensitive skin... I use the foaming sponge to create very fine foam and wash my face gently and rinse, rinse and rinse afterwards!!
    we focus on providing GREAT detox, slimming, anti-aging products
    www.vlns-spa.com

i love the natural peeling gel!!! thank you so much, valence! how come you do not have any before and after "sun" care products? i am looking for something awesome for my sensitive skin!

**Carol Belanger** Female

cleansing is a vital step in a good skin care routine. A good cleanser specific for your skin type will promote healthy skin. I do agree that over cleansing is harmful as it dries out the skin, which is the culprit behind fine lines and wrinkles.

No matter what skin type, choose mild liquid or soap gels for cleansing your face. Soaps made for bath, body and hands tend to be drying no matter what skin type and should be avoided on the face and neck. When buying store bought cleansing creams look for avocado, coconut, or wheat germ. These natural ingredients are suitable for normal skin types. below is a facial cleanser for normal skin types:

Gentle Facial Cleanser

1/2 cup oatmeal or cornmeal
    plain yogurt (add enough yogurt to form a paste)
    Mix ingredients to form a paste. With your fingertips and in an upward circular motion, gently massage the paste into your skin. Rinse with warm water and then apply a toner and moisturizer.

I like using Dermaesthetics. I found it in a spa I went to in Dana Point and the foam cleanser is smooth and leaves me with a clean feeling without the harshness. I cant really explain it, but you dont' even have to lather much and your face feels really clean and oil free.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast