During the summer of 2012, I was walking and spending a lot of the time enjoying the sunshine. Every thing was going great and I was slowly building and maintaining a nice tan on my face, upper neck area, and my arms and hands. To make a long story short, or kind of short here is when the horror started.

I am fair skinned, and on one hot summer day I sat on a bench near the river here, enjoying the heat and the brilliant sunshine upon me. I was wearing a shirt that fit me loosely and was too big for me really. I fell asleep while leaning back on the bench, and when I awoke a couple hours later, I had moved enough to pull my shirt down which exposed my lower neck area and my right upper shoulder area near my neck.

Anyway, I went home and after looking in the mirror later, I saw that this exposed area of fair skin was very red and hot, where it had been sunburned. I didn't think much of it and just hoped it would tan and be fine. The next morning that whole area was very sore to the touch, even my shirt touching it.

I looked in the mirror and I had water blisters where I was sunburned, like I had been scalded. I applied some Neosporin cream, I had. By the evening the blisters were about gone and the redness was starting to fade a little. After a few days of babying the area, the redness and burn was gone and my skin returned to normal, or appeared to do so.

A day or so later I went out walking and put on a shirt that fit me a little snug, but not tight. I walked as normal and felt no burning, pain, or any reactions in the area that had been previously sun burned badly. I happened to go into my bathroom and pull my shirt down a little and I was shocked to see that the exact area that had been sun burned previously and blistered was bright red.

I took my shirt off and sat to watch some TV, and within an hour or so, the redness faded away. The next day I walked again, and boom the same thing happened again, the area that had been previously sun burned was bright red. As I am writing this article, it is now Nov 2013 and this redness still occurs like it did right after getting sun burned back in the summer of 2012.

I found out that I cannot wear any shirts that fit me snug at all around the previously sun burned area or the bright redness comes, also I cannot wear any heavy winter jackets and even a light weighing hoodie causes the redness, unless I leave the top area of it unzipped so it does not constrict me any wheres near my neck, shoulder etc.

It does not itch any, or burn or feel painful, it's just any pressure at all, even from a shirt pressing this area, causes the skin to get bright red, exactly where it was blistered over a year ago. When the redness fades from wearing no shirt, or a very loose fitting one, the skin appears as normal as the rest of my body.

Here is the list of creams, medicines etc., that I have tried over a year now, to try to stop the redness from appearing, and the results from each:

1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream: If applied during redness, it burns and makes it worse. If applied when the redness is not there, the redness appears.

Also I tried these and they caused the same reaction as the 1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream: Cortizone-10 Cream, Benadryl skin allergy relief cream, Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Vera Gel - Made the redness even brighter and even felt like it was burning like acid).

Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Night Cream: This did not cause a reaction and felt good or calming, but once I wore any snug clothing, shirt, coat, etc.... the bright redness appeared as before. I used almost a whole container thinking it may stop the redness over several days of applying, but it did nothing to stop it.

Prosacea: I bought this product after reading about it stopping redness. It does not cause any redness to appear after applying and seems to stop it from appearing, slightly better then the other products I listed above, but any tight clothing, and the redness does come back, but not as severe. I tried this product over 3 months, and still the redness comes back with any tight clothing, but not as severe.

I got thinking, heck maybe the bad sun burn with the water blisters, had caused me to get some type of weird skin infection, such as fungal, yeast, etc.... So I tried a tube of 'Athlete's Foot Cream (antifungal) with 1% Clotimazole:
I rubbed some onto the area when there was no redness and it felt calm and showed no negative reaction. I wore my shirts and hoodie, etc., anyway the redness seemed to stay away better and not get nearly as severe when I use this product., in fact this stuff works the best so far.

NOTE: If I wear a loose fitting shirt and sit or walk in the hot sunlight, even for a long time, the redness does NOT appear. So it truly is happening from being pressed against, or covered by anything snug.

But who wants to have to apply anti-fungal cream or any other product on their neck and shoulder every day of their life?

What did the sun burn do to my skin, and how can I return it to normal, non reddening condition?

I want to wear what I want again, and warm coats in the winter to keep warm, and be normal again........

Please help me skin experts and anyone else who may have experienced this same curse? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!