Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dandruff?

Default Dandruff?

Well i've had dandruff for years now.

I've tried a lot of things, but yet, no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

what medications have you used..Not all dandruff are same you have to try this and that to find which works best for you.

Shampoo containing either Selenium sulfide,Ketoconazole,Salicylic acid and sulfur,Pyrithione zinc,Coal-tar preparations might be helpful.If it doesn't work you might be using the wrong one,consult doctor for a good recommendations.

While using shampoo rub your scalp well and leave it for at least 5 minutes. After 5 mins rinse it thoroughly,if there is residue of shampoo it may aggravate skin problems.So be sure to rense it thoroughly.

what have you tried. might be changing shamphoo might help..

I agree with Catherine. Use another shampoo. Try Head and Shoulders, it's the number one brand in the anti-dandruff department. You can also try a shampoo formulated to remove buildup and residue from your hair. I know Neutrogena makes one.

I too have dandruff. I like to try some natural way to get rid of this dandruff. Do any one have any suggestion to get rid of this dandruff other than shampoo??? I am looking forward for some good suggestions guys.

iI've tried lots of stuff
    both in India and here in US

these work - Selsun blue - original only, the new, naturals versionsdid not work
    Head n shoulders did not work
    Tgel, Tsal, coal tar shampoos didnt work

There was Nizoral from Johnsons in India- 100ml was 125 rs or something- this really helped me, it was like it was all gone, so I could alteernate shampoos too-
    I dont like the Nizoral here though

For natural- this helped
    Methi/ Fenugreek powder pref mixed with yogurt keep on for 10mins atleast

ITS really diffcult to wash it off though- but it ecomes very clean of dandruff and you can even use it once a month after a while of regular use.
    Hair also becomes curly.

Maybe a good idea is to oil the hair and then put the methi paste on scalp
    You dont need shampoo to wash hair, but may need some to wash the paste!
    Or wait till hair is dry and try to brush off- but its not the best idea as it'll stick to hair.

Too many cons on it- but re3ally helps

I've had dandruff for years. I use the wal-mart brand head and shoulders and it works well. To remove the build up I take a 2 parts water 1 part white vinegar to my scalp, and no more build up. However, I'd check with your doctor before trying anything you read on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleYoung View Post
    I've had dandruff for years. I use the wal-mart brand head and shoulders and it works well. To remove the build up I take a 2 parts water 1 part white vinegar to my scalp, and no more build up. However, I'd check with your doctor before trying anything you read on the web.

I agree that generic store brands work just as well as the name brands. Suave works, walmart works, saves money and does the same job.

I find any brand works better when you leave it on your head for at least five minutes.

Try Ayurvedic stuff. That seems to help. Or else try Head & Shoulder's anti-dandruff shampoo. Should help within a few weeks.

Warm oil treatments are good once a month especially for women over the age of 40 who may be oil challenged all over. I use Nizoral as I have tried a lot of stuff and nothing else has worked. Neutrogena T Gel and Paul Mitchells Tea Tree shampoo come in second after the Nizoral for me.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast