Default A bigger waist could signify more success for women

Sometimes you just have to share research that makes us all feel good. Having a bigger waistline is most likely a good thing, according to this study from the University of Utah.

An imperfect body might be just what the doctor ordered for women and key to their economic success, an anthropologist now says.

While pop culture seems to worship the hourglass figure for females, with a tiny waist, big boobs and curvy hips à la Marilyn Monroe, this may not be optimal, says Elizabeth Cashdan of the University of Utah.

That's because the hormones that make women physically stronger, more competitive and better able to deal with stress also tend to redistribute fat from the hips to the waist.
    Read more

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yup the most advantage is while giving birth you won't have any complications.

Well I still think that moderation is key. Smaller waist lines would be more fashionable nowadays but it's just so hard to achieve especially when it's not in your genetic makeup. But then again having a bigger waistline, though indicative of success, is not really good either because it can cause a lot of health problems in the future. I mean, everyone knows that if you have too much fat around the waist then it's not healthy. But thanks for sharing this story though.

Well it was intended to be taken with a pinch of salt which was the way I took it. I'm not about to go running around with a tape measure to find out who'll be a success or failure LOL. Though maybe they should introduce that at interviews. :P

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful