Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    **** Female

Red face Dark circles under eyes

Hello guys, I have a dusky complexion and even then I have dark circles under my eyes. I am taking on an average 7-8 hours sleep and eating plenty of water too. What can be the reason am getting those and how can I get rid of them? It feels so awkward to me..

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Dark circles are not really of much medical concern,these are just temporary and can be removed by treating the cause...

These are caused usually by dilated veins that drains from your eyes ,usually in the case of nasal congestions...or swelling of eyelids that appear as shadows below your eyes.
    Another cause might be light carbon deposits that result from incomplete protein digestion. Incomplete protein digestion may result from insufficient hydrochloric acid in your stomach that may be caused from a lack of primarily B6 and Folic Acid.So taking adequate B6 and folic acid might help.

And it is believed that enadequate sleep also causes dark circles but the reason behind this is not so clear.Might be enadequate sleep reduces circulation thus creating shadows like apperances in eyes.

For treatment of dark circles you can try the following:
    Apply skin creams that contain vitamin C or K, alpha hydroxy acid and kinetin.
    Take a good sleep around 7-9 hrs but it varies from person to person.
    Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water.
    Reduce intake of excessive salt and quit smoking if you smoke.These impair your circulation.

Dark circles can result from chronic skin conditions, such as atopic eczema. Dark circles can also run in families.Treatment for chronic and severe undereye circles is directed at the underlying cause, if known, and may include bleaching agents and laser therapy too.

**** Female

Thanks for your thorough suggestion for my problem 010081. I have also heard about vitamin C and K treatment and will try including more of fruit in my diet. Wasn't aware of the alpha hydroxy acid treatment, so, I'll give it a try.

Presumably, you mean circles under the eyes. If the whole socket area of the eyes is dark, then it would most commonly hereditary. Even too much sleep can give dark circles under the eyes. So watch your sleep pattern. I’m not going deeply as 010081 has explained lucidly.

For treatment of dark circles you can try the following:

Smear a drop of olive oil before going to bed. If you’re a female, you can cover with foundation but it needs to be blended properly, otherwise it will look grey. So, learn it from somebody qualified to teach you how to apply.

you seem like you get plenty of rest and water, so i think that those circles are hereditary. you can try those under eye creams if you'd like, but the really good ones are expensive! i suggest you cover it up with concealer

**** Female

Thanks for your suggestions guys! I am currently using an eye-gel from biotique and it has shown me some positive results. My mother and father never had such problem, so, I guess in my case it is not hereditary and thats true that I do get grayish coloration under my eyes after I apply foundation. I have tried few methods but only concealer works the best for me..

Hey there, I've had the same problem before but it was mainly due to lack of sleep during my college years. With my fair skin, it made me look like a raccoon! So anyway, I just want to share the eye cream I've been using. It's from the Body Shop's Vitamin E line. It costs around $15 in my area and actually works! Each tube lasts around 2 years and I'm actually on my second tube now. Anyway, it main claim to fame is that it "reduces the appearances of lines, dark circles, and puffiness" around the eye. I have no problems with wrinkles and puffiness, so I don't know if what the product claims to do is true, but I assure you that I haven't had dark circles around my eyes since freshman year, thanks to this product!

Default Dark circles under eyes

there are reasons for the dark circles some of them is because of lack of rest or sleep , some due to deficiency of water and some of them due to heredity factor . so it need different approach for deal with it.

Default Plasma

Your plasma from your blood can help in treating dark circles.

Try Almond oil. It is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast