Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I had similar porblems but it only due to using Razor which don't suits your skin type.
    Like if you have soft hairs then using a Razor for hard hair types will harm the skin and leave rashes.

Shaving using hair conditioner helps because it makes the razor glide better on the skin. Using a good skin creme after shaving to put moisture back on to the skin helps too. I use shea butter on my legs because I break out after I shave too. It helps keep down the rash and bumps and dry skin

1. Exfoliate. Before shaving (after a shower, of course), scrub your face with a facial scrub or loofa to remove dead skin and bring out ingrown hairs.

2. Lubricate. Use a good shaving cream instead of a soap or foam. Look for a cream rich in glycerin and coconut oil and free of alcohol. Avoid products with menthol, which can numb the skin and make it hard to determine if you're experiencing razor drag. For those with especially sensitive skin, a pre-shave oil can work to further reduce razor drag.

3. Stay Sharp. Always use sharp blades. A dull blade is one of the leading causes of razor burn.

4. Go Lightly. Shave with the grain to decrease the odds of irritation and inflamed skin. When shaving, avoid pressing down too hard on the blade and shave using short strokes. Avoid passing the blade over the same area more than once as each pass shaves off a small layer of skin.

5. Soften Up. Moisturize using a good aftershave balm or lotion to keep the skin soft. Look for a balm that contains aloe, shea butter, and glycerin.

my boyf uses shaving oil and says it leaves his skin far less irritated than when he uses foam or cream. I have used conditioner when i'm out of gel and that works as well i'd saY

I have been using a shea butter balm on my legs recently after I shave and every night before I go to bed. I have noticed I dont get the rash like I used to so much now. I think that has helped me a lot!

**Brenda** Female

starchild47 i use conditioner to shave too. i find it is even better than gels and shave creams.

Cool, I am glad that is working for you as well. My legs are looking better every day now. I really like this formula of body balm. I am going to make some more. My hubby calls me mad scientist with all my formulas here but when I get something that works it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by vencasand View Post
    starchild47 i use conditioner to shave too. i find it is even better than gels and shave creams.
    HUh... never heard of it.. what conditioners you use ? Hair conditioners ?

Yes plain old hair conditioner. I got turned on to it when I worked in a salon. One of the beauticians told me about it when I worked there. I tried it and it worked pretty well for me.

Isnt rashed after caused from contamination of the razor blade, wouldnt be safe to clean the razor before use with rubbing alcohol or iodine.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast