**Akhil Krishna gupta** Male

Default Scalp pimple,hair fall

Hi,
    About an year back I had an accident.In that accident some areas of my head were also injured (may be some glass pieces penetrated )
    Now there are 2 problems

1) I keep getting scalp pimple-which dry up and cause hair loss when dry overskin comes out
    2) Areas where I had injuries keep developing rough overskin/fine blood clot which causes irritation.Again those places are quickly getting no hair zone.

What should I do to get more hair growth.
    I have heard(read) that some hair treatment cause impotency in men as side effect.I am vegetarian,do not smoke and do not booze too.

Thanks

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hi Akhil welcome to the forum, sorry for late reply... if possible please post a clear picture. Is it associated with itching or pain/ tenderness? do these so called pimples filled with pus inside or just a bump? or just scaly little lesions?
    This could be scarring bacterial folliculitis. Have you taken any medications?

Hi Akhil! Your scalp pimples seems like folliculitis to me. Appropriate antibiotics should be taken in time to stop more lesions from developing and resulting is scarring alopecia. A good quality picture can be helpful in giving some suggestion.

**Akhil Krishna gupta** Male

Thanks a lot for replying.
    These pimples on my scalp generally have pus inside them.But today I am able to see some of them without pus too.
    I did not realize that this problem is as big till today when I shaved my hair to take a closer look at the pimples and the sight is horrifying.My scalp is covered with pimples all around,I am feeling very bad.
    Previously I consulted a dermatologist who took a glimpse and said it might be because of sweat and recommended cipla 8X shampoo which I have been using regularly.But now I think I need much better medication to cure this.
    Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akhilkg1987; 08-14-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added description

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Although Cipla 8x works on dandruff, it won't work for folliculitis.. You may need oral and topical antibiotics as well ...as u have shaved ur hair, it will be easy to apply topical antibiotics..you may apply topical antibiotics (fusidic acid) alone or mix with mild steroids (hydrocortisone 1%) for better result. In severe cases doctors usually prescribe oral antibiotics (doxycycline) in addition to topical. So try some topical meds.. If that doesn't work go for oral.. Also, try changing your shampoo containing ketoconazole, clotrimazole, selenium, zinc pyrithione.. combination is better..(any combination with zinc....). When your condition will be treated, hair fall wil be controlled and hair will start to grow back in your scalp.

You can get rid off dandruff by oiling the roots of the hair. Avoid packing the hair when it is wet. Avoid open hair when out in dust. Hair fall may be due to deficiency of vitamins.
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 09-28-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Choose a gental shampoo that contains salicylic acid. Another remedy is to use tea tree oil on scalp.

**Steve Xavior** Male

You have to start using natural herbal shampoo or curd. It will beneficial for you.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful