Default Using the same shampoo makes hair responsive.

Your favorite shampoo works great each time you work up a lather. But if you have very oily hair or make extensive use of styling products, there could be build-up. In that case, use a clarifying shampoo once in two weeks to cleanse hair thoroughly.

and what kind of clarifying shampoo do you use? i use the frederic fekkai apple cider shampoo. i think you can get it for about $20 at sephora, or at victorias secret

my favourite shampoo/conditioner well i use Dove products love these though i don't always condition my hair, its strong.
    I also think that our hair gets used to the shampoo and starts showing better results with the long term use of the shampoo, so i stick to one shampoo.
    Sometimes cheaper products are best.

Wow Varun, you're the only guy I know who uses Dove. Don't you find the scent too feminine for you? But you're right, Dove product as affordable and very good.Every time I use it, my hair feels so soft and manageable.

Chicque, I've tried Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo and didn't like how it felt on my hair after shampooing. Maybe I'll try Frederik's but it's very expensive!!!

Is there a natural kitchen ingredient that can do the work of a clarifying shampoo?

I love the smell of Dove but it makes my hair so soft that the curl practically falls out -and mine's naturally curly! Pantene's good too but I must admit I have no brand loyalty in that area. The only one I hated was Fructis. It made my hair really tangled for some reason.

Actually I read it's good to change to another brand even if just for a few weeks because your regular shampoo can lose effectiveness if you keep using the same one constantly.

Here's a very simple clarifying shampoo recipe. I've not tried it myself though so can't attest to its effectiveness. Don't miss the comments on the right too about leaving it on 4 mins max and being careful if you have highlights/colored hair as it can take out some of the color. (There's more comments over the page.)

http://www.recipezaar.com/Hair-Clarifier-52111

I prefers to use curd as clarifying agent once a week and the results are always good but I don't like the smell it leaves in my hair and has to use my regular shampoo after that.
    The shampoo I tried few times is Dove and Sunsilk range of them I liked Dove more than sunsilk.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful