**Rhett marcelo** Male

Default Isotretinoin continuation

Hello everyone I have nodules before taking acnetrex (isotretinoin) but after taking it for 8 months (20mg/day) it all flew away. After 3 months, it started coming back again. Can i continue using it? My history before acne came back is that I took stresstabs (im a student, therefore I am always stressed, so I need taking stresstabs)

I am 5'10" and weighs 58 kgs

Thanks in advance!

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

When nothing works for acne, or in severe cases Isotretinoin is prescribed. Yes isotretinoin can be very effective in acne treatment, however side effects are common and regular followup with derm is necessary. Yea nodular acne takes longer to cure. If its coming back you may need a prolonged course of isotretinoin but under dermatologist guidance. In some cases additional treatment with antibiotics may be needed. Please talk to your dermatologist about the treatment options. You don't need to take all those stresstabs. Try to avoid stress, do some relaxing meditation and exercise. Avoid constipation, late night sleep.

What other meditation have you tried? have u tried topical antibiotics and other acne medications besides isotretinoin? How were u taking isotretinoin? If first attempt failed you might go for 20mg 2 times weekly or 20mg daily for every 1st week of the month (stop rest 3 weeks of months) for 6-8 months.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful