**David** Male

Default Itchy red bumps that won't go away!

Ok so today while i was at work i started to become really itchy. I scratched a little n it went away, then i realized that i had been scratching myself every few minutes. I went to the bathroom and sure enough there were bumps all over my arms, chest, and back. So far those are the only places that i had them in. I left them alone, came home and now they spread to my legs. Took a shower and they did not seem to let up. I am becoming very frustrated and would very much appreciate some help on this.IMG_20130221_005900.jpgIMG_20130221_005852.jpg

Hi David! sorry to know about your condition.It seems like you came in contact to something you are allergic to, thus responded with urticarial rashes. I think you should try to figure out the culprit which can be in form of food, medicine, clothing or animals. Avoiding those things could help you in slowly reverting to normal. If the case is serious like if you started having breathing difficult etc than you should immediately consult a doctor, otherwise avoiding the culprits and taking oral antihistamines regularly for few days may help you completely revert to normal state.

**David** Male

thank you for the reply, but what can i do about getting rid of them? they seem to be spreading at an alarming rate, and they've spread to almost all areas. i'm doing my best not to scratch them but its becoming very difficult.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

You don't need to worry its acute urticaria, identifying the trigger and avoiding would prevent future episodes, for now you may take any anti-histamines like benadryl, fexofenadine, cetrizine or levocetrizine, it can be bought over the counter. Just go to nearest pharmacy and ask for it. Take cool bath or apply cool compresses or wet cloths to the affected areas, this will help with the itching and the rash. The rash will fade after 24-48 hrs. If its severe or u feel like difficulty in breathing, immediately contact health care provider, you may also need some steroid for immediate relief.

Do keep us updated, don't hesitate to ask if u need any help

**David** Male

ok so i went to the ER and they gave me steroids, benadryl, and loratidine. they work fine to make them go away, but every morning i wake up and start to break out again. i have no clue what it is. i thought maybe it was the supplements i was taking but i stopped taking them and it didn't seem to help. my diet hasn't really changed, im only allergic to one thing that im aware of, but its a medication which i haven't taken since i found out i was allergic to it. so i have no clue what to do at this point. am i just going to wake up every morning, break out, and have them go away after a few hours everyday?

**Jayce Martin** Male

It may be scabies.. has anyone else that you know had a similar condition?
    I would treat for scabies anyway just to rule that out.. you can buy a number of different creams/ lotions to help.. Note that the itching will remain a couple of days after in the meantime you could try an antihistamine to help with the itch.. some products are quellada, lyclear, ascabial lotion

Wash your sheets and clothes and try and limit contact with others because it is very easily passed onto others

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Could be dust mites, bed bugs or anything that u may come in contact. Is it immediately after wake-up or after morning wash-ups and all? Its really hard to know what is causing you allergy, its you who can find it yourself. Could be any new clothing, bed, carpet, room, bathroom etc. Try avoiding any new clothes, bedding and baths. If that won't work get yourself out of the room ( sleep else-where) see if that works and so on...

You may continue to take loratidine for few more days even if the symptoms subsides. If nothing works you may get an allergic testing. Remember, loratidine and benadryl should be discontinued 48 hrs prior to allergic testing, otherwise it won't show anything.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful