**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Default Dermalogica product review (4 products)

derm.jpg

First things first, this review is on 4 products that I currently have, right now in my hands! I have used LOTS of Dermalogica products in the past, but thought the review would be more in depth if I talked about products that I currently use every day, morning and night.
    Hope you find this informative and if you would like to know ANYTHING else about them, let me know! I'll be happy to recommend you products, though their website offers lots of advice!

Please note: I do not work for Dermalogica, I just want to! oh and most of these products are for oily/acne skin! so I am sorry if it feels like I've left other skin types out!

Product: #1
    Dermal Clay Cleanser
    So I bought this product, like all the rest, from beautyflash.co.uk. It was £20.65 for 250ML.

If you have ever seen Dermalogica products before, or have bought them, you'll know they like to keep to a professional appearance. They have a white and grey theme and all though they don't care about being pretty and attractive; their products don't half look good in the bathroom! Very smart and clean packaging, you'll feel like a proper therapist when you hold their bottles, trust me!
    So, onto the product itself!

Dermalogica say: 'Water-soluble Bentonite and Kaolin clay combine with purifying botanical extracts and refreshing Menthol to remove excess oils and refine skin’s texture'

I say: This product is fantastic and I could not live without it! The colour of the product is off-white, and is creamy clay in texture. I'm pretty sure if you left it on your face long enough it would dry like clay! You need to dampen your face and hands to allow it to become runny enough to evenly massage it around your face. Now, if you have oily skin, like me, you will love this product, not only does it completely whisk away all the oiliness for at least the whole day (if used twice!) it also includes refreshing cucumber and sage and you'll feel an instant calming and tingly cool sensation over your skin, it's lovely! I massage it into my skin with circular movements and concentrate on any acne areas, wash it off thoroughly in tepid water and please make sure not to get it anywhere near your eyes! The one and only thing I would say I do not like about this product is sometimes the cooling sensation can be a bit overwhelming sometimes, it’s lovely at first but it does make you want to wash it off pretty sharpish!

This product is specifically for oily/congested skin so is perfect for me. Please read up on ingredients and information before buying! I give this product a 4/5.

Product: #2
    Skin Prep Scrub:
    This product was £22.99 for 75ML.

Dermalogica say: A skin-polishing scrub with natural Corn Cob Meal that leaves skin with a smooth, healthy complexion.

I say: Now, when I say I love this product, I REALLY do! The colour of the product is a comforting sort of creamy yellow colour the product is quite thick but has the texture of the finest sand imaginable, it’s amazing. The smell however is even better, a sort of porridge oats mixed with aloe and cucumber scents - surprisingly pleasant!
    Now you really do need wet hands and face to really move this around your skin, I use it all over, just like the dermal clay and focus on problem areas, it doesn't even feel like you are using a scrub it’s that fine, yet you can tell you’re making a difference to your skin. My face feels squeaky clean after using this product and noticeably clearer. I don’t actually have any negative to this product other than having to remember to wet your face prior to using it! It was only available in 75ML size which I fear isn't going to last me long…. You have to use it 1-2 times a week though I use it more when my skin is looking bad.

This product is specifically for oily/congested skin so is perfect for me. Please read up on ingredients and information before buying! I give this product a 5/5.

Product: #3
    Multi-Active Toner
    I received this product as part of a Dermalogica skin set, the set was around £18 and the toner is only 50ML.

Now, if like me you have been forever skeptical about whether toners actually make any kind of difference, think again! Dermalogica toners are designed to soothe the skin after scrubbing and steaming and prepare the skin for moisturiser, they say the moisturise is able to penetrate deeper and stay put for longer with the help of the toner and you know what, I think they’re right! There is only ever a point to this product if you follow with a Dermalogica moisturiser after, your skin will feel baby soft, believe me!
    Dermalogica say: An ultra-light facial spritz that refreshes and hydrates the skin while smoothing the surface. Helps condition skin to prepare for proper moisture absorption.
    I say: Now beware guys, you have to spray this onto your face, eyes closed of course guys! Thankfully though, you get used to this and it smells heavenly, a mixture of lavender and mint. My skin feels instantly soothed and cared for after this product and I rush to put my Dermalogica moisturise on straight after (before it dries guys!) it sinks in like a dream and feels beautiful.
    I don’t really have much bad things to say about this product other than it doesn't give any instant change to the skin, but it isn't really meant to.

Please read up on ingredients and information before buying! I give this product a 4/5.

Product: no #4
    Active Moist
    I received this product as part of a Dermalogica skin set, the set was around £18 and the toner is only 22ML.

Dermalogica say: A lightweight, oil-free lotion for daily moisture protection that actively combats surface dehydration while smoothing the skin's surface with botanical extracts

I say: A fabulous product that is definitely light weight, yet very luxurious and highly moisturising. A moisturiser that doesn’t leave you feeling greasy is what we are all after and this is definitely that! The product is white and thick yet quickly melts away to manageable water like consistency. You’re left with baby soft skin that doesn’t feel heavy and you don’t have to worry about your hair sticking to it in the wind!
    This product is for skin with excess oil production, so it helps to moisturise without making that damp feeling any worse, I highly recommend this product however I am going to try the Skin Smoothing Cream next and compare the two!

This product is specifically for oily/congested skin so is perfect for me. Please read up on ingredients and information before buying! I give this product a 5/5.

To answer any thoughts on whether these products have made any difference to my skin, well I have only been using them for less than a month but I would say I have noticed changes, my oil production has calmed down and some, not all, of my acne seems to be drying up. I must confess my diet isn't particularly good and will be playing a major part in the way my skin looks at the moment.

Thankyou for reading my review guys! Please post any questions and let me know what you think!

love you all.

Skinlover.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**Nikki** Female

Thanks for the reviews. I like the sound of the clay cleanser and may give that a go. I use something that sounds similar in that its a clay type product that you need wet face and hands to apply properly and it can be used as a clay mask too. I will compare the 2 and add what I think of it.
    No doubt its the menthol that causes the tingling sensation.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

yeah it will be! gosh it takes a bit of getting used to but it's lovely on those days when you feel like rubbish!
    I would just like to add that the bottle of cleanser that I have is really big and can see it lasting me a long time, it's a great investment!

Skinlover.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

My friend is using the product. Now she has beautiful smoother skin and has fewer wrinkles. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful