Default Sudden Breakout, Trail of blemishes on left cheek, normally clean skin HELP

Ok, so I'm brand new to this forum, I'm 21 years old & I'm so desperate for help, I've recently been working in a high end cosmetics/skincare retailer, I'm big on makeup and skincare, Recently I've been getting good deals on Skincare sets and such trying out new things, as I've been told that in the skincare industry that multiple skincare regimens are not healthy, so I've narrowed down everything I use to F.A.B (First Aid Beauty) Face Cleanser, Free Radiance Pads and Ultra Repair Cream, sometimes I alternate between that or the PTR (Peter Thomas Roth) Un-Wrinkle Creme Cleanser. Also due to the holidays I've worn Foundation or Tinted moisturizers 5 out of seven days a week due to the dress code at my job. I've tried so many foundations and tinted moisturizers but since I've started my skin has being going crazy!
    I use retinal under my eyes at night as well.

What I don't understand it because of these products my skin looks wonderful, aside from my smooth glowing skin I have a trail of red, hard gross bumps and pimples on my left cheek going to my chin and jawline. It's so bumpy and gross and you can see it through my foundation, I've NEVER had this problem before, not even in my worst nightmares, Idk what to do or whats causing this!
    On one hand I'm thinking, maybe this Skincare regimen is pushing all the stuff in my pores out? Then I'm wondering if it's all the makeup? Or maybe its my pillow since it's on one side? In which I keep washing? Maybe I'm stressed? is it my diet? idk!
    I know popping pimples is forbidden, and these ones are so difficult too because they're hard but I manages to get like pus out of some? ew gross. Sorry for the TMI, but I need help!

Everyone is telling me to lay off more skincare! So I'm trying! I really want to do a peel or something, but I'm being told I shouldn't... So I went ahead and purchased "Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement" since it's internal, I just started tonight, But seriously my skin is Scaring me, what do I do?
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 12-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum Sarah. If possible you may post a pic so we might have a look.

Anyway it looks like you have used several products that might be comedogenic or you are allergic to. This might have caused acneiform eruption. Always look for products that are lebelled as "non-comedogenic" and hypo-allergic. Anyway, you may use combination product containing clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. For non-inflammed lesion you may use retinoids like adapalene, tazarotene, and tretinoin that can reduce such comedones. But remember although retinoids are the drugs of choice in most non inflammatory cases, it can cause irritation and sun sensitivity, so start with low dose and apply only during night with strict sun protection during day.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Hey Sarah!

I know the feeling about trying different products, I'm so guilty of that!
    And what you are describing sounds like what I have right now!
    I am personally putting it down to a poor diet and no exercise as I am eating very badly at the moment. However my skin care routine is good. I have started using Dermalogica products, they're expensive but after my first use, the results are amazing!
    Please keep me informed, hope it gets better!
    L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

I really appreciate the feedback, actually my breakout is getting worse, It look's terrible, Now it's on my forehead and right cheek! I've never has so many blemishes before, I took some photo's though.
    Additionally, I'd like to add that I have combination/dry skin, I don't want to switch up my skincare to anything with salicylic acid however if you think I should to that then I just might, or use my normal facewash and one with salicylic acid.
    Here is my bare face :/

Photo0597.jpgPhoto0601.jpgPhoto0599.jpg
    These are cell phone photo's, sorry for the bad quality, it looks way worse, there are some red blotches and smaller bumps too

So I was reading the ingredients on the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Creme Cleanser that I occasionally use, turns out it has oil in it! It's difficult to find reviews on this gentle cleanser but alot of the customers feel as though the cleanser does not effectively cleanse the skin. I have Dry/Combo skin. Where the cleanser is recommended for dryer, maybe even older clientele. You see, I was having a mild breakout before starting with this cleanser, now my skin is crazy.Here are the ingredients

Water (aqua), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 80, Peg- 100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Bht, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hi Sarah! Sorry to hear about your skin eruptions. The different cosmetics you used seemed to disrupt the natural PH balance of your skin . Our skin has a normal PH level of 4 to 6.5. This acid mantle of our skin provides protection against bacterial and fungal infections or skin damage and diseases. Different skin care products, cleansers, UV rays, diet, excessive sweating may strip off our skin from its natural defense mechanism by disrupting the acid mantle of our skin, making it more vulnerable to infections.Resulting in infections and acne. Thus maintaining the correct PH balance of your skin by using cleaners containing more acidic or neutral elements such as alpha hydroxyl or beta hydroxy may help restore acid mantle of your skin making it less vulnerable to infections (fungal and bacterial). Sun damage may also damage the acid mantle resulting in breakouts, infections. Thus protecting your skin applying sunscreen while out with appropriate SPF may also help restore normal PH and prevent damage.
    Presently your acne seemed inflamed so you may stop the other cosmetics and use some OTC antibiotics like clindamycin or benzoyl peroxide etc ( apply locally) according to suggestion of your dermatologists to subside the inflammation. After that you can continue with the normal skin care regime using mild and PH balanced cosmetics and cleansers. Hope you keep updating ,we will be happy to hear from you.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Hi again Sarah,

Not all Dermalogica products contain salicylic acid, I'm currently using their Special Cleansing gel for oily skin, the ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylpropanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylohydroxamic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

I'm having good results from it, we seem to also have the same eruptions, mine are on both cheeks, worse on my right side.

L.
    x

Skin is my passion.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful