Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acne Scar

Default Acne Scar

Hi

I am 22 years old.I have lots of pimples on my whole face.This year in february i had pimple on my nose it was just not going away so i pressed it hard,it went away but left a deep scar,like a deep hole on my nose.I thought with time it may fill but it didnt.So i went to two dermatologists both of them suggested the Ultra Pulse CO2 Laser Therapy,the first one said it will require only 1 sitting and it will completely vanish.The second one said that i require atleast 2 sittings and then according to the healing they will decide how much more sittings are required and he said the condition will only improve and the scar will not go away completely as there is bone after that of the nose.

These two doctors are the top dermatologists of my city.The price both of them asking for 1 sitting is more or less the same.What should i do? :

Thanx

**vasudhareva** Female

For curing acne there is one of the best ways. Use Salicylic acid as it destroys bacteria and basis of skin cells to shed speedily, leading to re growth. Apply little amount of the gel straight onto pimples and the surrounding perimeter, and leave overnight as you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by vasudhareva View Post
    For curing acne there is one of the best ways. Use Salicylic acid as it destroys bacteria and basis of skin cells to shed speedily, leading to re growth. Apply little amount of the gel straight onto pimples and the surrounding perimeter, and leave overnight as you sleep.
    Thanx for replying,but my question was something else

Someone please reply to me

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome to the forum, there are several other options for acne scar but if u want laser than CO2 laser is a better option with good result..(good result is achieved only on goods hands) so check their background before performing laser. Don't fall to those dermatologist that claims 100% improvement just in one session..

If in a good hands one can achieve around 70-80% improvement in the scar with single session (which largely depends ones skill, type of acne scar, type of laser used, skin type) Remember if not done properly it may leave permanent scarring.. So the choice is yours make it a good one..do some background check or ask them if they can show some of the clients with similar conditions and outcome.

**Clinton Cerejo** Male

Hi Billubakra if you are from Florida then why don't you try Water's Edge Dermatology....

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Welcome to the forum, there are several other options for acne scar but if u want laser than CO2 laser is a better option with good result..(good result is achieved only on goods hands) so check their background before performing laser. Don't fall to those dermatologist that claims 100% improvement just in one session..

If in a good hands one can achieve around 70-80% improvement in the scar with single session (which largely depends ones skill, type of acne scar, type of laser used, skin type) Remember if not done properly it may leave permanent scarring.. So the choice is yours make it a good one..do some background check or ask them if they can show some of the clients with similar conditions and outcome.

Thanx for replying.Well this is the scar

http://i48.tinypic.com/bhn8u0.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/oscoqf.jpg

Its not actually an acne scar,when i pressed the pimple on my nose it was gone but there was a little and i mean just a TINY LITTLE point thing on my nose which could have gone with time.But silly me i took a plastic needle to even it out,yea i know very stupid of me

Can this scar go away with Ultra Pulse CO2 Laser Therapy?And how many sessions do you think it will take?

Quote Originally Posted by clintoncerejo View Post
    Hi Billubakra if you are from Florida then why don't you try Water's Edge Dermatology....
    Hi Clinton i am not from USA

Someone please reply to me

Anyone online........................

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Well i'm not a laser expert but i've seen that such deep scar respond well to excision and closure or subcision or dermal grafting followed by laser treatment several weeks later if required. When used laser only, CO2 laser offers better improvements than other lasers. 1-2 session might be sufficient to minimize the scar. Remember it can't be 100% totally eliminated, treatment are targeted to minimize the visibility of the scar. Just talk to your dermatologist about possible outcome. They have several years of experience in treating such scar, so everything should go fine with you.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast