Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: drinking water

**Joe Buch** Male

Default drinking water

Hello, Do you guys think that drinking a lot of water will help me lose weight?

**Nikki** Female

If your intake was only water then yes you would lose weight but you would do untold internal damage, some life threatening. So I doubt you mean that.
    For healthy skin and body you need to consume around 2 litres of water a day, this would increase if you are very active or in a very hot area.

The way to lose weight is to cut down on your calorie intake but making sure you have a selection of food from all groups (fruit, veg, carbs, meat/fish, dairy, sugar/fat) otherwise you not only risk not getting the nutrients and vitamins you need but when you reintroduce that food you will probably gain the weight you lost and more. If you were to drink a glass of water before a meal then this would fill you up slightly so you could eat a smaller portion.
    The other thing that works along side a sensible diet is exercise. This can just include a brisk 30 minute walk if the gym isn't for you.
    Last edited by pepsimax; 12-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Absolutely True. Drinking a lot of water will help you lose weight and you have also do many more exercise for reduce the weight.

**Joe Buch** Male

Hello, i know that i do not drink a lot of water but i want to lose weight.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by starngeboy View Post
    Hello, i know that i do not drink a lot of water but i want to lose weight.
    The best way to lose weight and to keep the weight off is to follow the advice I previously gave. Ideally you want to drink enough water a day to maintain your health inside and out but never replace food for water as in the long term you will do yourself more harm.
    Any further questions just ask, we are always here to offer the best advice we can.

**Nikki** Female

This plate should give you an idea of the proportion of each category you need and omitting any one category is not good.
    Try to make to yellow section as wholemeal as possible to give you extra fiber and the purple category natural sugars rather than artificial ones.

images.jpeg

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

nothing in the world can make me drink water, I think it tastes awful! haha, I drink orange squash or juice all day instead, I often wonder if this is bad......
    I think they are relatively low in sugar, but not sure of any other nasties.... I'm not particularly interested in losing weight, just being healthy.

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by skinlover View Post
    nothing in the world can make me drink water, I think it tastes awful! haha, I drink orange squash or juice all day instead, I often wonder if this is bad......
    I think they are relatively low in sugar, but not sure of any other nasties.... I'm not particularly interested in losing weight, just being healthy.

L.
    x
    Ideally the average person needs around 2.5 litres of fluid a day. We get around 1 litre of this from food, if you have a sensible diet so the rest must come from fluid intake. Some drinks, like those containing caffeine and alcohol tend to increase dehydration so these should be avoided or at least not counted towards your daily intake. Any fluid will do as we need it to move the nutrients around our body.
    The sugar in drinks is something different. The main side effect of high-sugar drinks will be rotting teeth and of course weight gain.

Have you tried making your own flavoured water? You literally put fruit of your choice in cold water and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. There are tons of recipes on the net. Just don't add sugar (as some suggest) and at least you will then know the ingredients in the drink and how healthy it is.

Simply adding a slice of lemon to your water makes the water easier to drink. It is also recommended by doctors to do this.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    Simply adding a slice of lemon to your water makes the water easier to drink. It is also recommended by doctors to do this.
    That's what I used to do until I found a recipe for other flavoured water so now add a variety of fruit. I like to have fruit in savoury meals so always have a selection at home. Water recipes work well on fruit that is starting to go soft so nothing goes to waste.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast