Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

**donna hill** Female

Default Help for my face

my skin is really dry i need help finding the right cream anny suggestions

There are a ton of things out there as far as creams and lotions. Personally I just recent purchased some pumpkin butter and I am in love with it. The moisture makes your skin feel so soft and silky. Plus the amount you need to use is so tiny that even though the butter itself is expensive since all you need is a small dab it probably comes out better than any of the expensive creams or lotions.

**Nikki** Female

I've never heard of using pumpkin butter but then pumpkins are only starting to be popular here in the UK.
    I love unrefined shea butter mixed with organic coconut butter. They can both be bought very cheaply on ebay. Try and avoid commercial products that contain these ingredients as they often strip them of their goodness.
    Anyway use either unrefined shea butter alone or mixed about 60/40 with organic coconut oil. They contain, in pure form, all the vitamins and nutrients your skin needs. When at room temp they are soft so mix easily as they are like a butter, so the warmer the butter the softer it is. They are cheaper to buy in a bag so you'll need some sort of container. It can be stored in the fridge to prolong its life.
    If you have a particular area like feet or legs that are drier than other areas. A larger amount of this can be applied and left on the surface, then put on pure cotton socks, or legging, gloves, etc whatever area you are doing, and wear these for a few hours or overnight. Doing this just once a week and applying a small amount daily will have your skin back to normal within a few weeks. The most important thing is when you find something that helps, keep with it. Your skin needs nutrients all year round.

Pumpkin butter is very nice in skin care products.

Pumpkin Seed Butter is perfect for rejuvenating and revitalizing dried and damaged skin. I use it when making my body balms and i add it to soap, creams, lotions and lip balms.

**Nikki** Female

I'm intrigued now. Can someone tell me more about pumpkin butter please?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimax View Post
    I'm intrigued now. Can someone tell me more about pumpkin butter please?
    Even though the pumpkin butter is pricier than shea, it has several advantages that can more than make it worthwhile. One is it's spreadability, the other is how quickly it is absorbed (I noticed a difference in a matter of minutes) and the 3rd is how soft it makes your skin feel. I consider is superior to shea. The only advantage to shea over pumpkin is that shea is more protective. So I think a blend of the two might be great.

I have been using pumpkin butter for my hands (my knuckles get really dry) and after 3 to 4 days I don't feel the need to keep reapplying it. But I will at least a few times a week, just in case. Like I said the amount you need to use is very tiny.

**Nikki** Female

Thank you Laura. I'd like to try that now. I had a quick browse at ebay.co.uk and could only find pumpkin seed oil. Is this it?

You are welcome Nikki, we are here to share. You can purchase a 3.5 oz jar of pumpkin butter from New Directions Aromatics for a reasonable price. Not sure how that works when their prices are in Canadian and US dollars.

They usually have the best prices, rarely do a I find a really good price for these type of items on Ebay. There are a few things I wouldn't buy from NDA because their price is much higher than several other companies but believe that just a few items.

**Nikki** Female

I'm sorry to highjack this thread but hopefully this will go someway to helping Donna and others with similar problems.
    Is it possible You could pm me a link to the item so I know what I am looking for. Then I'll get money to a friend in the states and she can mail one over to me to try. As I said the only result I found was pumpkin seed oil.

While we are on pumpkins could you check out a thread of mine in Health regarding pumpkin seeds. See if you can help with that.

The link to the New Directions UK site is

NewdirectionsUK.com

New Directions in Canada is one of my favourite sites. Prices are reasonable and the products are wonderful.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast