Hybrid View

Default Dryness on breasts

i started getting dryness on my breasts. what should i do to stop the dryness?

http://www.dermatalk.com/album.php?albumid=72

Hi Jules! Dryness of skin is common problem during winter because cold environment may lead to constriction of peripheral blood vessels resulting in inadequate nutrient supply to skin and premature wearing of skin cells and dryness. Basic measures like drinking lots of water,juices, avoiding very hot water during bathing as well as avoiding frequent use of harsh soaps while taking shower may help reduce the dryness. Using luck warm water while taking shower, using good bath oils in your shower water,avoiding over rubbing and drying of skin with towel as well as applying good moisturizer to skin while the body is still wet may help reduce the dryness and retain the moisture in skin.

Banned
    **annie lizstan** Female

Try rubbing a good moisturizer on your breasts like coco butter.
    Wear a snug fitting bra.
    Drink a few cups of sage tea daily.
    Smooth on sunscreen.
    It will best for dryness.

thanks annie. its gotten better now as ive put moisturizer on every day. i try everything to see what works.

**Nikki** Female

What moisturiser do you use generally on your body Jules? I have tried many over the years and find nothing better than a mix of unrefined shea butter and organic virgin coconut oil. Both I purchase for a reasonable price on ebay and I mix them approx 70/30 or 60/40 majority shea butter. At room temp they are like a soft butter, cold they set into a block and in extreme heat they turn to an oil. Once left at room temp they can be mixed (more like whipped) with a spatula. This will keep for up to around a year wrapped in a fridge.
    Commercial products tend to strip them of their goodness so its advisable to buy it in pure form and mix yourself. Its like mixing soft butter so very easy to do. And being like a butter, a small amount goes a long way.
    Hope this helps.

i use mostly hydrolatum and triamcimalon for my body, but have tried a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, avacado oil, and shea butter (all organic). i havent had the patience to keep at the coconut mixture for too long.

**Nikki** Female

I don't know those. I find the shea/coconut combo really easy. When I first buy it I mix the quantities (can be heated gently in microwave to mix quicker) and divide between Tupperware containers around the size of a soap dish. Then as one container runs out I get another out the freezer to melt slightly and I'm good to go for another few weeks/month. It was just a suggestion of a natural product as I wasn't sure what you were using. This combo, being slightly oily, is ideal for applying just out of bath or shower as it locks in moisture. Far better than baby oil or other such products that people use.

Thanks. Ill have to give this more effort as i know those can help