Default Blister on glans penis, worried

hi guys, i'm back here after a long time. Hope to get good suggestion from you.

i'm having flu-like symptoms since last 2 days, today i took one Brufen tab. for mild fever and body ache. After about 1-2 hrs i saw small blister on my glans penis. Does it have any relation to the drug i'm taking, because i'm worried it could be something related to Herpes or any other sexual disease, i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend just few days back, but i know she is a good girl, we have been together for almost 2 years now. Still worried, never had this before as far as i can remember. Please help what should i do.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Welcome back binayak. Don't worry, your condition doesn't look like any sexually transmitted infection.

It is cutaneous allergic reaction to brufen called as "fixed drug eruption". glans penis is one of the common area. Don't stress much, it will heal by itself after few days. If u are in doubt, visit a dermatologist, ur doctor may perform drug challenge by giving the same drug again and u may noticed another blister on the same area. One more thing, always have protected sex, good for both the partners...

Thank you for your reply, i'm relief now. i've send you the picture to confirm, please see it. will it leave pigmentation on my penis. Any suggestion on what medication i may use?

Thanks

Generally the lesion leaves behind hyperpigmentation on resolution which may resolves slowly over several months. Topical depigmenting agents may not be helpful as the deposition of pigmenting agent are deep below the surface. Thus recurrent reaction may result in permanent hyperpigmentation. So avoiding the culprit drug immidiately and in case of symptomatic reactions use of antihistamines and mild topical steroid may be helpful.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Hey binayak, how is your condition now? can u give us some updates.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

I hope she was using protection! That can cause pregnancy you know!
    Skin is my passion.

Oh sorry, forgot to update. Thank you everyone for suggestion. The lesion has gone but there is still small black spot left. Hope it gets faded soon.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful