Default Simple questions regarding DIY oil recipes

Hi all!

I'm wondering how come there are no really really "simple" recipes here.

As a start i wish to make a simple vitamin E + C canola oil recipe, just for use as a normal skin rutine at my face.
    I want to apply it when i arive from home, as oil tends to stay longer on skin compared to lotions etc.

I have a oil soluble vitamin C powder(Ascorbyl Palmitate) + e.

1. Should i heat the oil and pure the vitamins in or just simple mix them in a airtight jar?

I wish to create it using no preservatives, so i will make it daily or every second day, stored in my fridge, in sterilized (alcohol/boiled) airtight tupperware plastic mini boxes, to keep it from oxidizing.

You should use your vit c serum in the morning. Do not put your vit c in hot oil.

Google vit c serum recipes. You will find lots of them. There are ones made with oil and made with water. I use a water based one. It absorbs very quickly. The recipe I use isn't mine so I don't feel I should post it.

Some people just put L-aborbic acid in water mix it daily. That is about as simple as you can get.

Give it a google though and you will have lots of recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by y34963 View Post
    You should use your vit c serum in the morning. Do not put your vit c in hot oil.

Google vit c serum recipes. You will find lots of them. There are ones made with oil and made with water. I use a water based one. It absorbs very quickly. The recipe I use isn't mine so I don't feel I should post it.

Some people just put L-aborbic acid in water mix it daily. That is about as simple as you can get.

Give it a google though and you will have lots of recipes.
    Thanks.

I've read that vegetable oils (Olive, Rapeseed/Canola etc) should not be stored in the fridge to keep the fats from separating.
    I also read that many recipes containing oils says that it should be stored in the fridge.
    Is it individual how you should store serums compared to the different oils?

I don't keep my oils in the fridge. There is no need for it. I have never had any problems . There is no harm keeping them in the fridge but some oils will become thicker. There is a shelf life on oils though so keep that in mind and use them up before that date

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnation View Post
    I also read that many recipes containing oils says that it should be stored in the fridge.
    The only reason to keep oils in the fridge is to slow down the rate of oxidation further. But most people who DIY already add antioxidants to their oils, (plus make their recipes in very small batches, which is good.)
    So the only reason to refrigerate oils is if you want to add another layer of protection against oxidation. It's not necessary to protect against microbial growth, because oils and fats don't have water in them unless you purposefully make an emulsion.

I hope that made sense. It's getting late here. ;)

Yea that is true but light and moisture also will make your oils rancid. My advice is to buy small quantities and use the oils up quickly so you don't have to worry about your oils going bad. They all have a different shelf life

Banned
    **Breonna Jackson** Female

Well I am not sure about it.sorry don't have any opinion.

**Sherin Lloyd** Female

Hey .... depending on the oils you use, the shelf life and preservation methods vary. Most oils don't need refrigeration, though you can use dark colored bottles with a wrapping on it to prevent exposure to light. Using airtight containers is a good idea. Like the other user noted, prepare smaller quantities not only to avoid all these hassles, but also for better results. Hope it helps!

Take Care

**Steve Xavior** Male

You don't need to use it daily .And you should not keep it in fridge

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful