Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It may be due to dehydration, so drinking more water might help.

I think it deals with blood circulation. try to get some rest, and eat more green leafy vegetables. This method works fine on me

Doing 10minutes pressure point massage on the face helps for me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Doing 10minutes pressure point massage on the face helps for me ;-)
    yes, that seems to be a good idea.

In the morning, wash your face with cold water to help blood vessels constrict. Then, apply an eye cream that contains Retinol and vitamin K. Though it may take months to see results.

Try applying cucumber slices, damp caffeinated tea bags, or an ice cube wrapped in a soft cloths for 10-15 min every day if you want an all-natural way to get rid of dark circles. However, if it doesn't work, discontinue using it and consult in a dermatologist.

**** Female

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    My skin texture is unblemished and glowing. But a dark circle under my eyes eclipses my beauty. Is it due to continuous staring at computer screen for 8 hours or lack of proper sleep?
    Hi Sandra, its BOTH...lack of sleep and too much staring...you may want to relax your eyes after an hour of staring on the PC..maybe close it for 5 mins or check out products that may suit you on the internet via eyecreamreviews... also try my simple tips:
    1. cold teabag = gently apply around the eyes (careful that it wont get into the eyes) then leave on for a 10mins then rinse off with lukewarm water..The "tannin" in the tea is a great exfoliant to skin...works great..

2. Milk + honey = use cold milk, do the same procedure as the teabag...works well too..

3. lots of water and sleep...

**Patrizio Dole** Male

Default Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    My skin texture is unblemished and glowing. But a dark circle under my eyes eclipses my beauty. Is it due to continuous staring at computer screen for 8 hours or lack of proper sleep?
    Lack of proper sleep is the most likely cause. Try to get that 8 hours of sleep. Before you go to sleep drink a full glass of water. To see other causes of dark circles under eyes read my article: what causes dark circles under eyes . You will find the information you are looking for. You can find more about dark circles under the eyes on my website.

Regards,
    Patrizio Dole
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 08-20-2012 at 03:37 PM.

**vijay kumar** Male

Make up concealer will do. Elf concealer is only a dollar at target. Use a lighter shade, Or you can use any type of foundation (liquid or powder) put in under your eye and put it on your top lid for flawless skin tone. Make sure the foundation is the same skin tone as you!

**Ruby Jackson** Female

keep chilled cucumber slices on your eyes or soak chamomile teabags and place on/under your eyes. the dark circles will be gone. guaranteed.
    also get MIN 7 hours of sleep

Banned
    **Breonna Jackson** Female

Dark rings can be a sign of an iron deficiency anaemia. This is a terribly common problem ? anaemia is the most common nutritional problem in the world ? but is easily treated in the majority of cases by eating the right foods.

Anaemia is a sign that not enough oxygen is getting to the body tissues. There are several types of anaemia, but iron deficiency is the most common.

Our bodies need iron to manufacture haemoglobin, the red pigment which carries oxygen to the cells. Dark circles alone do not indicate anaemia, you will also suffer from constant tiredness, headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, poor memory, frequent colds and infections, and pale skin.

It?s something that generally affects women more than men - partly because of the menstrual cycle. But it?s also because eating red meat, one of the richest sources of iron, is somewhat unfashionable ? red meat is thought to be ?bad? for your heart and bowels.

In fact, if the meat is lean and good quality, it can be a perfectly healthy food and I still eat it. At this time of year my body starts to crave it - as if it knows it needs plenty of iron to help keep up with the busy demands of motherhood.

If you suspect you are iron deficient see your GP for a simple blood test and to eliminate other potential causes of anaemia such as an ulcer.

If you do lack iron, you might be prescribed iron supplements. It?s also a good idea to look at boosting your iron intake.

The best sources of iron are liver (although it is not recommended during pregnancy), lean red meat including venison, egg yolks, dried and tinned beans including baked beans, lentils and chickpeas (hummus is perfect).

Other good sources include soya mince, seaweed, fortified breakfast cereals, seeds such as pumpkin and sunflower, dark green leafy vegetables such as Savoy cabbage, dried apricots, figs, oatmeal, prunes, broccoli, asparagus, wholemeal bread and brown rice.

Unfortunately, the body doesn?t readily absorb iron from non-meat sources, but vitamin C will help.

The secret is to eat vitamin C-rich foods in the same meal - this means vegetables that are as fresh and as lightly cooked as possible, especially peppers, kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, mangetout and broccoli, and fruits such as kiwis, blueberries, blackcurrants, papaya, oranges and mangoes.

Note that the tannin in tea inhibits the absorption of iron, so avoid having tea with a meal and for a good hour before and after.

Some people say that dark circles are a sign of food intolerance. But while food intolerance can explain some conditions - such as eczema and IBS - dark rings is not one of them.

If you?ve had these dark rings for years, it could be that age rather than diet is the cause. As we get older our skin becomes thinner. To some degree this process is controlled by our genes and family patterns, but it?s also influenced by things that damage the skin, such as smoking.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast