**Ethan Hawkes** Male

Default Excruciating pain near nail-bed on thumb?

The other day, I bit my thumb really intensely (I was very nervous). Then after that, my thumb started bleeding, but that isn't/wasn't the problem. An hour or so later, my thumb really started hurting as I think I damaged the cuticle or something.

Its been hurting ever since (its been 24 hours). Just today, my thumb became really red, near the nail. As well as being very swollen and fat, I also have some puss near the bleeding area (mostly dried). If I so as touch my thumb, I cry in agony (literally). Additionally, my thumb has a 'heartbeat' o.O

All of these 'symptoms' are still present....I thought the pain would just go overnight but I think it got worst. Also, I have these antibiotic pills for my nails which I use to take anyway and just took one now.

Moreover, it's incredibly painful and I even started biting on a pen. It's also starting to be a bit purple and is heating up. Please help!

Should I be worried? I have exams soon (like in a day) and I can barely hold a pen.

Additional Details
    I also figured out that keeping my arm and thumb eases the pain, but only temporarily. Probably due to the blood circulation etc...But once I put my thumb down, it hurts even more than normal.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

if you are taking antibiotics that would work and prevent infection, what antibiotics are u taking? yup try to elevate the thumb so swelling will subside quick. You may also apply ice to reduce the swelling. Try to clean the area with dettol or any other antiseptic wash within, 2-3 days it will subside. If you have severe pain you may take pain medication.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

I would say get it checked soon.

**Steve Xavior** Male

Its really very painful .If you cannot wait you have to check it to the doctor for immediate result because of your exams.

**marclewis** Male

These problem are not to ignore, check it soon.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful