Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How can I find out my skin type

I have heard that there are 5 skin types - normal, oily, dry, combination and sensitive skin. How can I find out my skin type? My skin gets easily irritated and after a wash, it feels dry and itchy in places. Also, it occasionally breaks out in spots. In the afternoon, there is some redness. What kind of skin care regimen should I follow for my skin type?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

To find out about your skin type you can do a tissue paper test. Wash your face at night & in the morning when you wake-up from bed, take a neat tissue paper, press it on your face gently. Now where ever there is oiliness that area is oily. Rest of the area is either normal to dry.

Actually the area which you feel stretched is dry. Eating nourishing and healthy food, taking proper sleep makes the skin flawless & clear. Your skin seems to be sensitive which breaks out easily. You should use a mild face wash to clear your skin. Always use good sun screen to protect your skin from harmful rays.

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Eat lots of green leafy vegetables & fruits. Drink 8 glasses of water every day. Take 1 ripe banana & mash it. Add ½ tea spoon of honey, mix well & apply it on your face to improve the moisture level to make your skin smooth.

And if you don't want to do the test yourself, you can visit any Clinique counter in the mall and they'll help you out. Getting a consultation over there is not only free, but simple and convenient as well. They have a chart that helps them determine your skin type, but at the end of the session expect them to try to sell you products perfect for your skin type. Don't worry though, Clinique has a good range of products. It might hurt your budget a little but it's definitely worth it. Of course, if you'd rather buy something else, then just walk away and thank them for the free consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishu View Post
    What kind of skin care regimen should I follow for my skin type?
    Hmmm…it seems you have dry skin type. so you need extra care, as it prone to fine lines and wrinkles. This is especially true during the winter months when it feels even drier and may feel too taut or may even flake.

• Always wash your face with mild, soap-free face wash.
    • Always use a moisturizer during the day
    • You should consider using a night cream before going to bed at night. The cream should contain AHA. These acids gently exfoliate the dry, dead, outer layers of your skin while they moisture the newly revealed layers.

hey there how you doing thanks for the tips. I'm back after a long time here.

**** Female

Wow there are so really great tips on here. I will have to try the tissue paper one!! I think my skin is mainly dry but sometimes round my nose it seems a bit oily! Sometimes your skin might come down to where you live or what your race is!

Smile Skin Type

Your skin can change reqularly and although it can seem oily on the surface there can be dehydration, dryness, sensitivity etc. underlying. Very few people fit into a set skin type but a skin therapist will be able to advise you on the best way to treat your specific skin concerns and analyise your skin fully.

I agree with Deepak.

**clara kim** Female

Your skin can also change in different seasons!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast