Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Horrible dark circles

I am a 21 year old male. around 2 years ago i began noticing darkness under and around the inner edges of my eyes. These dark circles have become terrible and literally look like 2 black eyes, I am not exaggerating.Other members of my family have dark circles but not nearly as bad as I do. This problem has severely impacted my self esteem. I have noticed that although i would like to sleep for 8 hours if i only sleep for around 6 for a few nights my dark circles begin to fade and sometimes after a week or two of sleeping less i can reduce the circles by half. Why does less sleep reduce my circles.

**Brenda** Female

your body gives you clues as to what it needs. dark circles is the bodies way of saying you need more restful sleep. you could have a check up with a doctor and blood work done to see if everything else is okay. fingernails can tell you if you are anemic or if you have high chloestrol, high blood pressure, and a lack of vitamins. the body is amazing. you already know if you sleep more your eyes look better. listen to what your body is telling you.

**Zelda bacon** Female

all these home remedies take long time to heal any problem. I can understand , by what phase you are going through. you need to treat your dark circles with something that should contain natural ingredients and should treat you fast and give you results. I cannot disclose its name here, due to some forum rules. But its a well known brand and very effective cream.

Yes, i m glad you are able to find solution by yourself. With age the skin under our eye gets thin. Soft tissue around our eye is very loose and sensitive to slight changes in your blood vessels under eye. During stress and less sleep the blood vessels under eyes gets dilated which may cause extravasation of fluids as well as red blood cell (RBC) from blood vessels. The dilated blood vessels itself or the extravasated RBC breaks down into hemosiderin, which is dark yellow brow pigment that may give the appearence of dark circle under your eye.

The first thing you need to do to combat the problem is find out the source. Here’s a quick dermatologist trick to determine what might be causing dark circles: Gently press under the eyes with your fingertips to stretch the skin. Hold for about 30 seconds. If this makes the area become darker, the circles are due to genetics or aging. If the color doesn’t change, UV exposure or allergies could be the cause. If you get a mixed result and the circles don’t go completely away when you let go of the skin, but are less noticeable, you might have a combination of excess pigment and vascular issues.
    Last edited by Dr.Saiyan; 01-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.

**stellamandy96** Female

Nowadays every second person is getting dark circles. In order to reduce the dark circles problem I followed some tips. I had also used these tips.

1) Every one should have at least 8 hours sleep to keep the body and mind fit and to keep the dark circles at bay.
    2) Drink plenty of fluids at least 2 liters of water a day to keep the skin smooth and supple.
    3) Potato juice has bleaching agents in it, so you can take potato juice out and apply it on your skin. You can soak cotton balls in the juice and can keep them on your eyes for at least 20 minutes while having rest. It helps in reducing the dark circles.
    4) Grated cucumber juice is very useful for dark circles. You can apply it on the eyes the same way you apply potato juice.
    5) Always go out in sun wearing sunglasses and after applying sunscreen lotion on the skin around the eyes.
    6) Take a teaspoonful of milk powder and apply honey to it. Put this paste on the skin on the dark circles. It helps in reducing the dark circles.

Further I use “Volcanic Earth Clay Mask” Integrands in this are Pure Vanuatu Water, Green Clay, Virgin Coconut Oil, Gylcerine, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin E, Lavender and Rose Geranium Essential Oils. This will keep your skin glow.

Banned
    **Joe Cross** Male

Have you gotten a blood test recently? You might have less iron than you should in your body. Iron deficiency can cause dark circles. If that is the case, iron supplements can easily resolve it.

**Joe Munt** Male

Quote Originally Posted by joecross View Post
    Have you gotten a blood test recently? You might have less iron than you should in your body. Iron deficiency can cause dark circles. If that is the case, iron supplements can easily resolve it.
    You may not be able to do that because dark circles are sometimes genetically determined. Although to make them less noticible, get good amounts of sleep and drink plenty of water.

**John Smith** Male

Since, you mentioned in your post that your family members also have them, it is clear that it is genetically transformed. Secondly, sleep is compulsory, as your skin requires some time to relax the skin cells and repair the daily damages made to them. If the process isn't complete and you expose your skin to more daily damages, then you might think what will happen to your skin.
    One best solution is that you must drink ample of water and take proper sleep, if you want to reduce your dark circles.

Hey,
    Some tips are:
    Take complete sleep.
    Use branded and natural product.
    Eat healthy say bye to spicy and oily food foe few days.
    Drink plenty of water.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast