Exclamation Dry Itchy Scaly Burning Skin

I've had this issue for almost 2 years now.

Started off as a small jock itch that I seemed to have cured using hydrocortisone and antifungal creams.

However, now it has spread quite far around my groin area (inner thigh) and on my buttock cheeks.

Sometimes it flares up, other times I barely notice it. It has a distinct color discoloration on the affected skin area from my normal skin, and it has a scaly like appearance compared to my normal skin. The area gets really burny and forces me to scratch.

Could it be that I am gluten intolerant? Not responding to clotrimazole antifungal creams or hydrocotrisone 1.0% anymore. Haven't seen dermatologist, and normal family doctor prescribed the clotrimazole which hasn't helped.

Here is a picture of a partial affected area (notice the discoloration and redness due to me scratching =( ):

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8377/wp000232.jpg

Please help!
    WP_000232.jpg

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

yes this looks like tinea cruris also called as jock itch. Well, if clotrimazole is not working for you change it to miconazole or terbinafine, in addition apply Ketoconazole shampoo during bath . keep the area clean and dry. make sure there is no friction around..

There are 29 conditions associated with dry skin, itching or burning, skin peeling, cracking or scaling and skin rash.

Lice
    Head lice are tiny visible insects that infest the hair and scalp causing itchiness and bumps in that area.

Eczema (child)
    Eczema is a common cause of skin rashes in children, causing redness, bumps, swelling, itchiness, and more.

Sunburn
    Sunburn causes a reddened, irritated area of skin caused by overexposure to the sun's rays or other UV light.

Contact dermatitis
    Contact dermatitis is a rash on the skin that can be itchy, painful, tender swollen and even blistered.

Eczema (infants)
    Eczema is a common cause of skin rashes in infants, causing redness, bumps, swelling, itchiness, and more.

Poison ivy, oak, and sumac
    The toxin found in poison ivy, oak, and sumac causes an itchy, allergic rash with raised welts and blisters.

Allergic reaction
    Allergic reaction causes sneezing, runny nose and hives and can lead to anaphylaxis, a whole body reaction.

Eczema (teen and adult)
    Eczema is a skin condition that causes itchy, scaly, and dry skin.
    Actinic keratosis
    Actinic keratosis is scaly or crusty bumps that appear on areas of skin that get a lot of sun exposure

Wind exposure
    Long exposure to wind can cause painful skin, red skin, or dry skin.

Drug allergy
    A drug allergy is an allergic reaction to a medication and can cause a rapid heartbeat and difficulty breathing.

Hypothyroidism (adult)
    Hypothyroidism your body functions slow down, making you gain weight and feel tired all the time.

Narcotic abuse
    Narcotic abuse can cause fatigue, shallow breathing, anxiety, euphoria, vomiting, confusion, and constipation.

Alopecia
    Alopecia, also known as losing hair or going bald, and is marked by a slowly receding hairline and balding.

Erythema migrans
    Erythema migrans is the name for the bull's-eye rash that occurs with Lyme disease.

Lyme disease
    Lyme disease is a bacterial infection spread through tick bites; symptoms include rash, fever chills, and more.

Pityriasis rosea
    Pityriasis rosea is a rash causing pink, reddish, or purplish oval patches on the chest, belly, arms, and legs.

Ringworm (scalp or face)
    Ringworm is a fungal infection and causes itching and characteristic ring-shaped sores on the skin or scalp.

Folliculitis
    Folliculitis, an infection of one or more hair follicles, causes a tender, red patch of skin and blisters.

Phlebitis
    Phlebitis means inflammation of the veins, and can cause redness, itching, irritation, pain, and swelling.
    Pilonidal cyst
    A pilonidal cyst forms under the skin at the tailbone, and usually contains skin debris and hair.

Chickenpox (varicella)
    Chickenpox is an illness that causes a red, itchy rash, fever, headache, sore throat, and body aches.

Brown recluse spider bite
    A brown recluse spider bite causes pain, redness, an open sore, nausea, muscle pain and fever.

Toxic shock syndrome
    Toxic shock syndrome is a serious bacterial infection and causes fever, low blood pressure, a rash, and more.

Hypothyroidism (infant and child)
    Hypothyroidism in children can cause delayed growth, weight gain, a puffy face, a large tongue, and more.

Kawasaki disease
    Kawasaki disease is an uncommon inflammation of the blood vessels; the most common symptom is fever.
    Measles
    Measles is a highly contagious viral infection and causes a fever, cough, a rash, sore throat, and more.

CREST syndrome
    CREST syndrome is a rare autoimmune disease that causes tissues to harden throughout the body.

Henoch-schonlein purpura
    Henoch-Sch�nlein purpura is a condition that causes a purple bruise-like rash on the legs and buttocks...

Dee is right looks like tinea cruris also known as crotch itch, crotch rot, Dhobie itch, eczema marginatum

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful