Hybrid View

Default Itchy itchy fingers!!!

My eczema is back again! It's so itchy I can't help scratching my fingers. Even when it doesn't itch, I don't know why I scratch myself at night. So you can just imagine what my fingers look like in the mornings. After a few days of itchy, my hands are not covered with tiny blisters that even contact with water hurts. I've applied the cream that cured the condition before but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Is it possible for my eczema to evolve into a new kind, just like a virus does?! What should I do?

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

I guess application of medicines will work but the important might be your nail.. just cutoff your nails very small so you don't get wounded with scratching.

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

What creams are you using for this can you list..sometime changing medications might work.. ,but its sad that most of the cases treatment is not much effective..all you need to care is for prevention..
    visit your dermatologist and consult about it.. if topical treatment is not beneficial taking oral medications or photoTherapy(PUVA) might work if its a chronic one..

To prevent it you can do the following:
    Apply emollients and moisturizers this will make your skin soft..
    Avoid allergens and irritants .If you had done patch testing to findout what really did cause this eczema then Avoid allergens that may be the cause..
    Putting on gloves or working habits might help...

have you tried champori spray and creams many peoples claims it works.

Hi, thanks for the replies. i don't know what champori is where can I get that? Also, what does my nails have to do with itching? I barely have nails left because I have a bad habit of nail biting. To answer Admin's question, I'm using Advan cream right now. It's a topical corticosteroid. It used to be really effective but it's just not doing the job for me anymore. I think I'm allergic to my soap, but I've been using the same one as before as well.

**** Female

try slathering your hands in something like aqueous cream and bundling your hands into mittens! it worked for my cousin, although one night she did take them off somehow!

**** Female

Default Diet may affect

I have found that when I eat too many acidic foods, like tomatoes and pineapple, that my eczema on my hands gets much worse.

I, too, wake up with my fingers a mess from scratching. How I deal with the soreness is I wear gloves when I wash dishes, so to avoid getting my hands soaked, and I also use gloves when dealing with food.

I use coca butter lotion and bag balm. I wear cotton gloves that you can buy in any store in their health and beauty section.

Hope this helps!

**** Male

In fact, Many of the skin diseases occurs due to dryness in skin. See, Dermatist opts a soap that has an oil or fat base. Usage of "Dove" soaps, johnson baby soaps also preferred by few doctors. I've seen direct result after using the milky soap(oil base). It worked out for me. After the soap changes, use your medicines. It would give you a better result than your past.

oh i fear with eczema by brother had it its really painful during winter.

Well I'm using Diprolene cream right now. It has a 0.05% propylene glycol base. It doesn't work boohoo. My dermatologist said that my eczema resists medicine that I have used for some time which is why I need to constantly change medications and watch what I eat. Boohoohoo