Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    **Deepak Ghimire** Male

Default Need few suggestions

Well, we have finished upgrading the site to latest software. still few things are left like design and all those stuffs..we are planning to add few function to the forum like "live chat" and others.. what do u thing please post your ideas.

What do you like to be added.. ?

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Hi Deepak.
    I think the live chat sounds a good idea for those who would like too. I also think the forum just needs to be clearly laid out but formal looking too, to add professionalism.
    I think also a 'like' button could be good under people's comments and threads instead of or aswell as the 'thanks' button, for when you like a comment but don't necessarily want to say thanks. but that's just a suggestion.
    This could also add to people's reputation which I think is also important as being given a rating helps us feel rewarded for the help we give.

I will come back with more suggestions after I've had a good think, haha.
    Keep up the good work.
    Lucy,
    Skin is my passion.

**Nikki** Female

I have to agree with the 'like' button. I tend to use thanks as a way of saying I like, so not vital but handy if you can arrange that. Live chat I like too.
    I personally think the layout of the board has always been user friendly so I don't think major changes need to be made there.
    A forum I used years ago listed members birthdays for that day on the homepage so we could send birthday wishes. I can't say I have looked for this here but I have never noticed 'birthday' threads. This could just add a friendly aspect to the forum.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

yeah I like those ideas

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**Brenda** Female

i think live chat would be great. i have had some difficulty signing into the forum, but that might be because of the tweaking of the new system or my computer is too slow. that will chage ina couple of weeks. i am going satellite,

ok trying dislike post this is test test.. please dislike me.. thanks.. it will effect user reputation " the green bar"

**Zenisha Shrestha** Female

I also agree on chatty chatty thing... we love chatting..

**** Female

disliking a post that affects the green bar kinda demoralize the member. Its just my thought though. I would rather have my post dislike and membership level be retained than green bar decreased...

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by dale91 View Post
    disliking a post that affects the green bar kinda demoralize the member. Its just my thought though. I would rather have my post dislike and membership level be retained than green bar decreased...
    yup i agree on that,( it might be misused) but what if member just posts useless thread in an attempt to increase post for link promotion and other stuffs. This way if other people dislikes posts, the posts automatically get hidden and member get banned ( the dislike button works on this concept) But anyway i'll think about ur suggestions too..

**Brenda** Female

just don't make the forum too difficult to follow. one of the other forums i visit revamped theirs and it is so many steps to get to where you want to go i just skip over them and am actually thinking of not visiting them anymore. so far this is great the way you have it. easy to navigate (for us old people) and still friendly and welcoming. i hope you keep the friendly and welcoming part. good work.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast