Question Are these plantar warts? (photo inside)

I've had this stuff on the bottom of my left foot for several weeks now. Lately it's been a little painful to step down on my left foot! My right foot is clear and not painful at all, though. I have a feeling these may be plantar warts but I'm not sure. Do I need to go to a dermatologist or podiatrist? Or is there an at-home remedy I could try first? I was thinking of soaking my foot in apple cider vinegar as I've read on several web sites but I'm not sure if I even have warts. If it matters, I'm a 22 year old male. Any advice will be much appreciated

(Click on the image for a HUGE enlargement)

hi bwh09 ! these lesions doesn't seem like planter warts to me. i don't know what type of foot wear do use, just seems like your shoes are not comfortable enough that causes your foot to develop these calluses. some of these u seem to pared it by yourself.if you have done that i guess its better to find some professional do it for you that is either a dermatologist or podiatrist. i would also like to suggest u to see a dermatologist and undergo fungal test as well, coz its common with foot injury,and they can also suggest you the best way to remove them.hope u keep us informed about your condition.we are looking forward to hearing from you, as you are also part of our forum now.

Thanks so much for the reply! Perhaps they are not warts but rather callouses as you say. I noticed this morning after I showered that my feet are very dry so I applied some skin repairing moisturizer (CeraVe, which contains ceramides) to my feet.

Here is an updated picture (I think it's getting better):

The reason I think you are correct that it is not a plantar wart is because (if you look closely at the enlarged image) you can see that the lines running through my skin continue through the wart. Someone told me that the virus that causes the wart corrupts the DNA of the skin cells adjacent to the wart and disrupts the pattern of lines. Correct?

**Nikki** Female

Do they appear to be like clear fluid filled blisters? On the far right of the latest pic, is that what they look like after the blister type bump has burst?

I ask because they look similar to when I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis. I'm not an expert though.

yes you are right ,warts usually have discontinuation of skin over the lesion and the surface of lesion is very rough which clearly very unlike your lesion.This is a better view of your leg lesion and seems to show some pustules filled or fluid filled blisters underneath your leg skin, which shows very strong suspicion for pustular psoriasis or tenia pedis or planter eczema.

so i wanna know if you have any family history of psoriasis and lesion of this kind in your family,also do you have this type of blisters in other hands and legs as well.is the lesion itcy?painful? is your nails involved as well ?coz all these diseases are very similar are need to differentiated by close examination, history and few tests.

just from the figure it seems like tenia pedis that is fungal infection of foot to me ,which is generally found in young males which can be itchy ,deep vesicles along with the pustules can be found on the foot of leg and is contagious to other part of body as well as other individual. but a fungal test is need to be done to confirm it as well.

so i suggest you to see dermatologist and the earlier the better and try to confirm the diagnosis which could be any of these and start the treatment as soon as possible.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful