**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Smile The 'Normal' skin type.

I believe I have taken great care in my skin the past couple of years, I have developed a routine and stick to it morning and night. My skin is pretty good now, no spots. I think it fits to a more 'normal' skin type now, but still unsure.
    I would like to hear what you guys think, what do you think the characteristics are of 'normal' skin? I know the basics, but what does it have to look like and feel like?

**Brenda** Female

whew, tough question. i consider normal as not too dry, not too oily, somewhere in the middle. normal means that it is what is average. if your skin doesn't have breakouts, redness, and is smooth to the touch i would say it is normal. in my own opinion skin is changing every day. you just don't notice it. if you like what your have now i consider it normal. there is always something you don't like about your skin, or body. it is just a natural thing. normal is what fits you. if your skin is doing well then it is normal. and what you are feeling now is how it feels to have normal skin. blessings and congratulations!!!!

Thankyou for your reply! Very good answer, thanks for your guidance.

Hi I was wondering whether with proper skin care and a good healthy diet is it possible to change one's skin type? I have been eating a very healthy diet and am hoping that my skin (which is oily) will start to improve. I have been using parachute body lotion which has worked really well for my skin with regards to moisturizing and I am carefully about getting too much sun exposure. Any other tips to improve my skin?

Hello!
    I can only offer you my experience in my own situation, I'm afraid I can't give anything official in the terms of advice, but I do believe I have 'changed' my skin type from what it was, to an extent.
    I used to suffer from acne, it wasn't serious, and was quite sparse on my face, but the acne spots were always pretty big, they really got me down. I also had a oily forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, but the very bottom of my cheeks would always be very dry. I also had whiteheads and blackheads.
    I decided I didn't want my face to look like this anymore, I wanted smooth, flawless skin, who wouldn't, I guess.
    I started using a cleanser from about the age of 15, I think it was, every morning, every night, the brand used to change alot, in all honesty, depending on what money I had.
    Then at 16, I finished school and went on to learn facials and make-up at College, there I learnt about scrubs, steaming, face masks and everything!
    I slowly introduced these methods into my own skincare and I have never looked back.
    I don't think diet ever made a huge impact on my skin, but I do eat more fruit, veg, and proper meals now.
    It also helps when you know what skin type you are, so you know what products to buy.

Hope this helped.

L.
    x

**clara kim** Female

how long did it take for you to achieve your normal skin?

Hello Kim.
    Ooo good question, I'd say about about 4-6 months?
    Just keeping to a skin care routine and cutting down on rubbish food helped me massively!
    Skin is my passion.

**clara kim** Female

Oh wow, thank you! I would personally say I have a good skincare routine but it is so hard to cut out the bad food out of my diet, it is just to yummy!!

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful