Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dry Lip Remedy needed

This dry weather is really hurting my lips.
    I always moisturize and use burts bees chapstick, but is there any other remedy that might help?

**Brenda** Female

you could try lanolin, rosebud salve, neosporin lip therapy(if you are not allergic to neosporin) carmex, vitamin e chapstick. you just have to find what is right for you. i used to use a neutrogena chapstick. it worked very well. lucky i don't seem to have a problem with that anymore. i guess because i am drinking, fresh juices and water all day.

Brut Bees lip care is good for dry lips.

I have home remedy for it, just apply few drop of ghee(butter) daily on lips before going to sleep that will gives you a soft fleshy lips in these winter.

**** Female

I've got ridiculously dry lips too. I blame it on all those years of using chapstick, even when I didn't need to. Live and learn, eh?

Usually I have to use a balm that contains bees wax or lanolin, like vencasand already kinda suggested. Lecithin seems to help too. I don't know if you make your own stuff or not, but what helps me on really dry/cold days is to apply a 1% solution of hyaluronic acid gel under an oil/wax based product. There's a little plumping that goes along with it, so it's win/win.

I know a lot of people don't like to use humectants in the winter, but I've never personally had an issue with it. If you don't want to try that, then just make your own until you find the perfect combination of ingredients that your lips respond to.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

Default question

My lips got really bad this year, I developed two cold sores either side of my mouth, it was depressing! I visited the Doctor and was prescribed some Zovirax cream, it worked in about 5 days, but then was left with a nasty rash around my mouth where my skin had sensitized to the product! It cleared, eventually. And since then I have been using the little pot if Carmex balm and Vaseline Petroleum Jelly in the blue tin, topping uo everyday.
    So would you say using carmex and Vaseline can be bad for our lips in the long-term if we don't really need them?? Because it's getting quite a habbit!
    xx

**Brenda** Female

do you drink a lot of fluids daily? do you eat right? when i say fluids i don't mean caffeinated drinks. but water, juices, etc. i don't think carmex or vaseline will be harmful if you don't use it 20 times a day. i remember when i was younger i used it everytime i saw a boy i liked!! everything in moderation!!!!!!!

Apply cool, salt-soaked cloths to the lips everyday to hydrate the lips and seal in the moisture with a lip balm. Honey is a great moisturizer, rub some honey to your chapped lips to heal them fast and retain their moisture.

**Paula Clarke** Female

Have you tried vaseline??

Try putting honey on your lips before going to sleep. Honey is a great natural moisturizer.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast