Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Acne

Default Back Acne

Hi Friends,

I have a lot of pimples on my upper back, how do I deal with me. Kindly help.

Those pimples may be acne or folliculitis. They both look like red bumps with occasional white centers.

If you ever had acne on the face and if you have pimples on the back for a prolonged time (months), then these may be acne.

Folliculitis is a staph infection of hair follicles, which may heal by itself. Mupirocin cream, which is an antibiotic, should cure it.

Thanx for replying

Default Healthy Diet

you should take good healthy Diet. Apply calamine Lotion at the back at night before sleeping.

**Stalina Dsouza** Female

What is back acne?

Dermatologists normally view back acne as the same disease as facial acne since it develops in a similar manner and expresses itself in similar lesions. However, pores on the back are larger and produce more oil than those on the face. These larger pores can produce more severe lesions such as nodules and cysts more frequently.

Stats
    About 2/3 of people with facial acne have some amount of back acne.
    20% of all healthy adult males have some amount of back acne.
    Back acne tends to be more prevalent in men, but is evidenced in both sexes.
    Other areas of the body, such as the chest, shoulders, arms, buttocks and legs also experience acne, but the back is more common than the other extremities.

Causes of back acne

No one is certain of the cause of acne. We do know that maturation of oil glands is required. This is why we see back acne only after puberty begins. Beyond this, what leads to back acne is similar to what leads to facial acne. For some reason, acne prone individuals tend to overproduce skin cells inside of their pores which stick together and ultimately create a zit.

When speaking about back acne in particular, a particular form of acne called acne mechanica deserves mention. Acne mechanica is a fancy name for acne which is caused by irritation of the skin. Anything that repeatedly rubs against the skin, such as backpacks, rough massages, tight fitting clothing, weight lifting machines which press on the shoulder area, or anything else that rubs the back area and irritates the skin can aggravate acne in that area. Acne mechanica tends to be aggravated by moisture, so if you’re sweaty and combine that with the repeated rubbing that comes with your backpack, clothing, etc., that could make the problem worse. By simply existing as a human being, your back is going to be in contact with chairs, clothing, beds, and other people’s touch so no one will be able to remove all irritation of the skin of the back. Still, there are some simple ways you can help the situation.

Avoiding irritation
    Try wearing breathable cotton clothing when possible.
    Try carrying your belongings in something other than your backpack while treating your back acne. Once you're clear, you can try using your backpack again. If you stay clear, great. If not, perhaps a backpack isn't the best option for you.
    Generally try to be aware of anything that irritates the skin of your back and make accomodations if you can.
    Try to time your daily treatment (as referenced directly below) so that you can shower and treat your skin after a sweaty workout.
    Become aware of other sources of irritation.

Treatments

The good news is that we have effective acne treatments to handle just about any case of back acne.

Light to moderate cases
    I personally have a very light case of back acne. Gentle cleansing plus a 10% alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) keeps me completely clear. This light to moderate Back Regimen is an easy way to keep everything under control.
    Moderate to severe cases
    When applied correctly and generously, the moderate to severe Back Regimen, which combines benzoyl peroxide and alpha hydroxy acid works very well.
    The other thing that worked well for me was Accutane. Accutane is a vitamin A derivative administered in pill form for 15-20 weeks. It has been shown to dramatically and often permanently shrink oil glands, leading to reduction and at times remission of acne symptoms. For me, it cleared my severe back acne, and the acne never came back as bad as it was before I went on Accutane. From the sound of it, it sounds like a miracle pill, and for many people it is, especially in the short term. However, it often comes with severe side effects. For instance, my joints ached terribly while on Accutane and have never been the same. I still have chronic dry eyes and lips as well, and my hair has thinned faster than any of the other men in my family. If I had it all to do over again, I would use the back regimen first and see if that could keep me clear, but I would keep Accutane as an option just in case. All about Accutane.

**Brenda** Female

there are body washes now just for backne!! see if you can find one good for your situation. i think they either have salicylic acid in them or benzol peroxide. either one is good but you have to find out what suits your skin.

**** Female

Thank you Stalina your explanation is superb. As Vencasand said nature of the skin is also important.

**Stalina Dsouza** Female

Default Thx

I loved To Share "My Details" With With Guys
    if any one need any kind of help from my side
    im always there

thx 2 all

**Baird** Male

Reduce or limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake,
    Avoid caffeine and other stimulants,
    Limit dairy products and red meat...

**Ziesha Shey** Female

you should try with coconut oil !