Thread: puffy eyes

Unhappy puffy eyes

hi frens!when i wake up in morning my eyes are really very swollen and puffy but it gets better during the day,i dont know whether its normal or i happen to have some problem with my eys,do any body have any idea regarding that?

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Its a common problem as we age. They are usually harmless and rarely as a result of any serious medical conditions, so you don't need to worry. Its just a normal phenomenon of aging. When we age, the muscles and tissue supporting our eyes and eyelids gets weakened that result in loss of skin elasticity, as a result, normal fats and fluids gets deposited into the lower eye lids giving the puppy eyes.

Besides normal aging process some other medical conditions like thyroids or kidney disorder, infection and allergies may also have such symptoms. So if your puffy eyes are accompanied by some other symptoms and signs like severe itching,redness or swelling of other parts of body like legs you may consult your doctor immediately.

Here are common remedies that might help you:

• Avoid stress
    • Avoid or reduce excess coffee, tea, alcohol and smoking
    • Don't rub your eyes
    • Get enough sleep ( with your head raised)
    • Use cold compress for 10-15 minutes daily.
    • Reduce amount of salt intake.
    • Avoid allergens when possible.
    • Maintain hydration with plenty of water
    • Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Take iron rich vegetables

thanks deepak for answering.could be probably due to aging but i remember it having all the times .i dont have other symptoms like itching,pain and turning red.i also dont think it may be due other infections coz i dont have any other related symptoms.but yes i stay in front of computer for longer time and stay up late night and also attracted to bit spicy food.
    guess i need to take care of those things.

**Jaime** Female

I used to have this until I stopped using a feather pillow. It must have been allergies. If your eyes do get very itchy, try putting a slice of cold cucumber on them instead of rubbing and itching.

hi jaime! i dont use feather pillow its hard type cotton pillow.and i dont have others symptoms like itching and pain etc.do u think putting slice of cucumber can work?have u tried it? if its so for how often and how long ?coz i really need solution to this problem.

**Nikki** Female

Quote Originally Posted by sairen View Post
    hi jaime! i dont use feather pillow its hard type cotton pillow.and i dont have others symptoms like itching and pain etc.do u think putting slice of cucumber can work?have u tried it? if its so for how often and how long ?coz i really need solution to this problem.
    Cucumbers do work for most people. I also like to use cold water either by splashing on my face or a cold compress.
    Unless you have other symptoms that could be related or your vision is disrupted its not really anything to worry about.

**Brenda** Female

sairen, my guess would be lack of sleep. try going to bed a little earlier. i work with a computer 10hrs a day. make sure of good lighting when you work or play on the computer. i am guessing (educated guess) lack of sleep. try to get at least 7 hours a night.

Default Tired of puffy eyes?

Tired of puffy eyes and living off coffee? Not getting enough sleep leads to dark undereye circles and puffy eyes. Not good. Here's a natural way to get rid of those problems without all the chemicals or expensive eye masks.

What you'll need:

Blender or Juicer
    Cucumber
    Cotton Pads
    Sandwich bag

How to Make:

1. Blend or juice a pint of fresh cucumber (mixed with water of course, it doesn't have to be pure cucumber juice)
    2. Pour it in a bowl and soak your cotton pads into the juice.
    3. Squeeze out the excess juice and place the pads into a sandwich bag. Depending on the size of your sandwich bag, you can fit as many as 6 pads in 1 bag.
    4. Throw the bag into the freezer until your eye pads are frozen. Freezing them will also keep them fresh since there are absolutely NO preservatives used in the mixture.
    How to Use:
    1. Before hopping into the shower in the morning, take out your eye pads and thaw them out.
    2. Once out of the shower, place the cucumber pads on your eyes for about 10 minutes. It should give you a nice cooling effect.

Did you Know?

Cucumbers have a hydrating effect since they're composed of more than 90% water. They're also a good source of Vitamin K which shrinks capularies which will help reduce your dark circles. They're also great in helping soothe your eyes after a long day of staring into the computer.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful