Hybrid View

Default Help: To Identify Rash (near waist) [PICS]

Hello all, I've registered here to maybe get some opinions on this rash I have near my waist. It appeared maybe a week to 10 days ago. So not long.. At first I thought it was a bug bite, and there were less bumps than shown in the picture, maybe just a small cluster of 3 bumps. It seems like the severity of the bumps come and go, but they occasionally get quite itchy/irritating.

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that this is herpes, considering it is near my waist.. I don't know what it could be though. Had no real symptoms, besides seeing the bumps and they itch, and if I scratch them (which I am not doing much at all) they sort of sting.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Here are the pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi jon_m!
    though the picture u have sent is not very clear but your skin lesion seems like a grouped vesicles and according to the history u have given that u have this itching rash for about 1 week ,my first impression is still herpes zoster also called shingles.it is generally caused by varicella-zoster virus which remain dormant in sensory root ganglion after an attack of chicken pox in childhood.the rash is generally unilaterally distributed in a single dermatone and we have this generally when our immunity is decreased in adult age(can be due to any cause)and in state of too much stress.as the dermatome distributed by related nerve s involved in this case so the related segment may be very painful and sometimes itchy as well.the clear fluid of the vesicles also seems to be contagious until the development of pus type fluid so its better to avoid contact with the children.

i would still like to suggest you to see dermatologist in person and have blood test done to determine the possible infection so that u can take some anitiviral ,antihistamine and neuronutritive drugs and take care of that lesion in time as per the suggestion of your dermatologist to avoid the possibe complication of post herpetic neuralgia in near future, in which your related nerve suffers injury and results in prolonged pain in the related region.

**Brenda** Female

i was thinking the same thing. it looks like shingles. you don't have to go to a derm a gp is usually able to tell if it is shingles or not. you need to go now so you can get meds. it usually doesn't go away on it's own. sometimes it gets worse.

Rash in shingles is usually located only on one side - left or right. The rash may later crust over.

Herpes usually causes clusters of translucent fluid-filled blisters.

In scabies, short, thin, shallow canals could be seen.