Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suffered from acne my entire life

I am 31 years old. I have oily skin and have suffered from acne my entire life. During summers, I regularly exfoliate my skin, skip moisturiser and just apply sunscreen. Of lately I am experiencing that stretchy feeling after I exfoliate. Please advise if I should use a moisturiser on my skin after I exfoliate?

**Zenisha Sherchan** Female

Firstly make sure you have a healthy diet, enriched with vitamins and minerals that your skin needs. Vitamins B, C, E, A and K all help in keeping your skin fresh and glowing. Once a week you can give your skin a treat, such as applying a face mask or steam your skin. Yogurt is also a good option; it clears the skin and is gentle. Remember that too much of exfoliation will make your skin dry. Therefore, exfoliate only twice a week. Also make sure that you don’t use a scrub that contains coarse (big) grains, and remember it is very important that you always moisturise your skin afterwards. You can also use some vitamin oil for your skin. Lastly don’t forget to drink eight glasses of water a day. It will keep your skin looking fresh, glowing and plump.

thank you ashma. What Exfoliation creams do you suggest ?

I too have experienced acne for years and have had trouble finding a solution. I am currently seeing an esthetician at Vasseur Day Spa in San Diego, CA. The owner is a cosmetic chemist and makes all of her own natural products. If you dont live in San Diego, you can order the product at vsskin.com and I promise it is amazing for both acne and anti aging, i have never found anything like it. As far as not moisturizing to clear acne goes, you are actually possibly causing the acne because you arent moisturizing. If you are exfoliating 2x weekly, your stripping your skins natural barrier to fight of infection (acne). By not moisturizing regularly (2x daily if your over 25!) your skin overproduces oil and sebum to compensate for the dryness. Flax Seed oil tablets are great for internal and external hydration. I also like "Day 25 Cream" from Vasseur because its an spf 25 and a fantastic moisturizer too! It doesnt make your skin oily or greasy looking and it hydrates all day!

I think you should always moisturize your face even if it's warm. You should try using a lighter moisturizer if your face is already oily or if you have combination skin. Clinique might have a good one for you. I find their products to be very good and the prices are not that expensive as most people think given that you won't need to use the moisturizer all the time. FInally, I would advise you to go see a dermatologist about your acne problem because at your age, you shouldn't have a lot of acne anymore. Advanced laser treatment might be neded to finally put a stop to your pimples.

You should try to use some mild daily exfoliants, and a nourishing, soothing masque.
    Don’t use any cream/lotion on your face, so your skin pores are not blocked. I use Neutroslim Daily Exfoliants. It help my acne problems.

nano pearl capsule, pearl is known for whiten, brihten skin and other skin treatments.

There are some forms of acne that are simply beyond creams and lotions. If this has been a lifetime struggle, you might want to try out a Levulan Photodynamic Blue Light treatment. There's more information and an online video on this treatment here:

http://www.dermahealthinstitute.com/...roducts_id=177

Its really hard to deal with adult acne. You have to walk a fine line. I know I have had it my whole life practically! I totally agree with moisturize all the time! Make sure you have sunscreen summer and winter any harsh weather for sure. Watch your diet as it affects you much more than you think!
    Good luck to you!

**Marlena** Female

There is also LED blue light therapy. LED blue light actually kills bacteria that causes acne beneath the skin. You can read more about it at http://bodybeautifulspa.net/face/led-light-therapy/.

Banned
    **kevinkrieger** Male

Leave out chocolate and Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, avoid fat, sugar and cow's milk too.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast