Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    **** Male

My doctor called me who has called the dermatologist, the dermatologist still advised to take the "Loxazol" creme, despite scabies not being there, there was still a high possibility according to her that i could have it, despite my partner, mother, brother having no symptoms.

Im still very skeptical about it as well, but i'll use the creme then, it should be done after one time, right? Anyone having experience?

P.S. can it still be stress, cuz I've been in an emotional rollercoaster as well since those 10 weeks, feeling allot depressed in the past 6/7 weeks...

If all your blood tests results are normal,i should say its good thing.Some people have special body type,they response abnormally to the ordinary things which normally other people do not response.Their are list of these things probably u could also go for patch test for determining these things.Some people are allergic to alcohal,sea food,dust mite even hot spicy food.I would also like to suggest u not eat food like fish,eggs and foods which are easy to cause allergy for sometime including alcohal. U can also go for urea breath test used to identify infections by Helicobacter pylori in gastritis which can also cause pruriitus .Also try to review drugs taken within three week which be cause of your present condition.

**** Male

yeah the thing is, i am just wondering what on earth it could be, since i didn't change diet or food, washing products or anything, i did have a full body scrub with household products, sort of speaking, from a friend, wich was also around the day it started...

If this scabies creme doesn't work i will go for a general allergic test. As for food i don't drink alcohol, don't eat fish and almost no eggs so

Basicly i eat beef, pork and vegetables, bread, cheese etc.

**Brenda** Female

stress is a factor but you started itching before it became stressful. i hope you find out what is causing this. itching can be so frustrating. you can take oatmeal baths, and apply soothing lotions. most of them just have menthol in them but it helps a little while. don't use hot water to shower. i hope you feel better soon. don't let this get you down.

**** Male

Thanks so much for reacting, everyone !!

Well just read that frequent showering and hot showering might even make it worse, my itching got worse in the past 1 week and a half, and i can remember myself even showering 2x's a day since that time, so I'm quite definite it's a big cause of the more severe itching since the past days, i was sick and got it in my head that showering made me feel better, but i also tend to shower REALLY hot.

I read now that showering around 2/3x a week for a while will lessen itching allot, and showering not higher then about 37.c temperature.

I used the scabies creme, no difference as up yet, but ill give it a few days
    Here are some pictures of how my skin looks today, according to my own doctor it are mere effects of scratching *i started scratching before that turned up* and my dermatologist says it could be multiple things and also scabies, considering the places (but i also itch on my neck and head, just everywhere)

My hand

My leg

My other leg

My wrist

And there are also 3 bumps on the penis, but that can be also due to the scratching maybe?

**Nikki** Female

I am not an expert but I think they may be fleas. Years ago I started work in a new office and within a couple of weeks I had a very itchy rash, similar to yours, around the tops of my legs, ankles and wrists. No one around me had this and I was at a loss as to what it was. One day I actually saw a flea jump and realised the chair I was using, which was very old, was infested.
    As thankfully nothing serious has shown up so far why don't you try treating this. You will need to get your dogs treated as well as treating the house. It will be a long process which you have to keep up to ensure any eggs do not develop. Calamine lotion and antihistamines will help you and your vet can help you with treating your dog. The home can be treated with insecticide (make sure it is dog friendly) and frequent vacuuming, but the vacuum bag must be disposed of immediately afterwards.
    You can find more info online.

**** Male

I'm still suspecting that the fleas indeed might be a possibility.
    I have used the scabies creme, the itching is a bit less but that also might be due to the fact i shower way less then i used to, and less hot, i also put body lotion on my body on the evenings wich lessen the itching, so i think the scabies creme didn't help much.

If id be scabies allot of people around me would definitely be infected by now, since i have it for 11 weeks. Im still itching, especially my legs.

Tomorrow i'm seeing another dermatologist for a 2nd opinion on the matter, still can't figure what it is I'm almost desperate.

As for the stress, the itching started around that period, but it was actually something really exciting that turned out into something stressfull along the way, a friend of mine was certain it was this.

I might ask for an allergy test tomorrow at the dermatologist, dunno if that would do any good.

Thanks again for the answers and thinking along!

**Nikki** Female

Again I am not an expert but I know from experience that heat and stress can 'add' to existing skin/rash conditions. They may not be the cause but can cause the condition to worsen.
    Calamine lotion would be used on things like chickenpox, eczema and sunburn to reduce the itching so maybe worth trying this.
    I hope you get some results at your dermatologist appointment today.

**Brenda** Female

shin, please let us know what the derm says. thanks

**** Male

Thank you both,

The dermatologist was sure it wasn't scabies, since i was also itching on the head he was definite about it.

Seeing that as a kid i was having eczema and i have asthma, he thought it was a case of eczema wich was coming back combined with stress wich keeps it going, he gave me creme against the eczema and was sure i would be itching allot less in about a week.

He also said the stress could definitely be adding the intensity and duration. Furthermore he thought that it was also a case of action reaction, i itch, i scratch and keep itching etc. He said i had to break the circle by using the eczema creme and body lotions. Also not to shower as much and try not to use shampoo.

I also asked him about the flea's and he was quite sure it weren't traces of fleas.
    So now ill be using this creme and i hope it will get better. In a way it's still not a definitive diagnosis of what it is :-/

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast