Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nail bitting

Banned
    **Enoch** Male

Default Nail bitting

Hi All,
    New member of this forum so not sure whether it is asked before or not. My elder brother started biting nails when her was in school and now he is a grown up man and still bite nails. We have tried rubber band technique but it didn't works because he only bite nails when he is alone. Looking for some help. Cheers to any advice.

**Brenda** Female

nail biting is a nervous habit. i bit my nails until i was 19 and then off and on thru my life. what made me stop was sheer will power. you have to want to stop a habit. i used to get my nails manicured. not with fake nails but with just my plain chewed off nails. i would get a manicure once a week. i would try not to bite them in between. when my fingers didnt hurt anymore and i actually had nails it was easy to stop. i don't know if your brother would be willing to have a manicure but it is not unusual for professional men to have them. i keep my nails short now but i don't bite them. if your brother is going thru some rough times i doubt if you can get him to quit. but not having sore nails was a real inscentive for me.

Ya most of have that habit even my elder sister has it but we just get her rid out of it by saying that when you bite nails its the signs of mentally ill people so we used to tease her always and she now stop bitting.

**Ziesha Shey** Female

I'm also having this habit....need to know how can it be removed or reduced ?

**Brenda** Female

most of the time you are not even aware you are biting your nails. one of my tricks was to be away of everytime my fingers went to my mouth. have the willpower to take them out of your mouth and do something else. it isn't easy. twirl a paper clip in your hand. think how nice your hands will look when you stop biting them. if you can go even 3 days without biting your nails you will see how fast they grow.

**Lucy Jodkowski** Female

I've never had this problem, thank God. But my Mum did, she used those nail varnishes that taste especially disgusting when you put your nails to your mouth, to stop you doing it again, I think it was just clear polish. Another one she used was a pot of some yucky solution, she just dabbed her fingers in there and it was incredibly off-putting to taste.
    It's interesting that I've never really heard of any males having this problem, so it makes me wonder what men can do about it?
    Although what Vencasand has said sounds very helpful.
    I find that if I take care of my nails and keep them looking quite long (only a bit!) I never want to ruin them.

L.
    x
    Skin is my passion.

**Rosaly Hudson** Female

It is a sign of nervousness as well as for a confusing mind, like what to do or what not to do? But it can stop the grow of the nails, which is really a bad thing for obvious.

Banned
    **Ankith Srivastava** Male

Nail bitting is a bad habit. When nail biiting bacterias will enter in to your mouth. To avoid this colorin your nail. It's one of the way to stop nail bitting.

**donna hill** Female

For those who have this nail bitting problem try putting garlic in your nails the smell and the taste will avoid the bittingness plus garlic will help your nails grow longer and stronger

Just My personal experience, I did have the habit of biting hails till I was in class 6, one day one of my teachers who was my favorite caught me biting nails and lend me his nails for biting in front of whole class saying common on have my I nails too. i felt so embarrassed,from that time onwards I left the habit. So probably enough embarrassment can help one stop bad habit.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast