Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default natural acne treatments.

did you know that you can prevent and/or treat acne by using...

- antibiotics? my dad used to take them while he was in college to rid of his acne
    - tea tree oil? the oil unclogs pores and kills bacteria
    - toothpaste? its cooling which relieves redness and has antibacterial properties

post here for more natural treatments!

I have to share this to my cousin who has problems with her acne. I am sure she will like this tips. Is this proven safe, chicque?

I tried apple cider vinegar before but I'm not sure it worked. I've tried tea tree oil as well from the body shop line but it didn't work on my. I think I'm allergic to it. But I bought the product from a store so maybe it's not tea tree extract itself that I'm allergic to but something else in the product? I'll try toothpaste soon. SHould I leave it on overnight or just for a few minutes?

It is best to apply antibacterial local cream and use a good medicated soap. See what happens after the course of antibiotic but it can only be taken should be taken with consultation of dermatologist. Garlic has antibacterial properties and can be applied in place of tea tree oil.

skincare, of course you should go to a dermatologist to see if its safe for you to take antibiotics for acne prevention. but my aunt is a pediatrician, and she prescribed antibiotics to my cousins to cure for their acne. so i'm sure it is safe.

and mimico, the reason why toothpaste works is that it dries out the pimple. and i suggest you get pure tea tree oil, not a cream from an extract. make sure you apply just a little because it might burn!

Tea tree essential oil and neem oil go a long way toward healing acne and other skin problems. You do have to be careful as noted and use only a tiny amount, I put some on a cotton swab then apply to the pimple area. Neem oil is good in skin preparations but it stinks to high heaven so know that before you use it!

**** Male

Default tree tea oil

what is this tree tea oil

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

Quote Originally Posted by raval_r_nirav View Post
    what is this tree tea oil
    Its a oil of leaves of tree Melaleuca alternifolia or Australian tea tree.The leaves were used as a substitute for tea in ancient times..

learn more here: Tea tree oil

**Newhealthytips.com** Female

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chicque View Post
    did you know that you can prevent and/or treat acne by using...

- antibiotics? my dad used to take them while he was in college to rid of his acne
    - tea tree oil? the oil unclogs pores and kills bacteria
    - toothpaste? its cooling which relieves redness and has antibacterial properties

post here for more natural treatments!
    Some other easily and highly effective home made cures for acne are Aloe Vera extracts, ice, vinegar, salt water, egg white etc. Apply them for some time and rinse your face with cold water.

Default antibiotics in treating acne

This is how antibiotics work in treating acne :
    Antibiotics work by several mechanisms. The most important is the decrease in the number of bacteria in and around the follicle.
    Antibiotics also work by reducing the irritating chemicals produced by white blood cells. Finally, antibiotics reduce the concentration of free fatty acids in the sebum, also reducing the inflammatory response.

The most frequently used antibiotic for treating acne is Erythromycin
    Erythromycin is a very commonly used antibiotic for acne.
    First, it has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness in lesions, in addition to killing bacteria. Also, it can and should be taken with food - a benefit for teenagers. The dosage of erythromycin varies with the type used, but it is typically prescribed as 250 - 500 mg twice a day.

Erythromycin topical lotions or gels is also available for applying locally

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast